I wish you could taste test through the computer screen. Because if you could you would agree that this is the Best Homemade Strawberry Jam you will ever taste!
This year has been full of surprises and adventures. Thanks to the 2020 quarantine my family recently had the opportunity to do something that I’ve been wanting to do for years now, but our schedules just haven’t allowed it. A few weeks ago we went on an adventure to pick strawberries at the Pecan Creek Strawberry Farm. We had the best time, made lots of memories, and then came home and made the best homemade strawberry jam I’ve ever had.
My mom taught the kids how to make homemade jam and it was such a neat experience to watch them learn a new skill. Of course, they loved it, but I think the fact that grandma let them sneak lots of taste tests may have had something to do with it.
The strawberries were so beautiful, like ripe ruby red jewels. And so sweet, they tasted like nothing you would find in a grocery store. I thought the three overflowing baskets we brought home would last us for a while, silly me. After my kids snacked on their fair share we made homemade strawberry shortcake, strawberry ice cream, and the strawberry jam and we were all eager for more.
I finally had to hide the jars of jam before my kids devoured them all. Especially because I wanted to share this delicious nectar with our friends. I found some cute little jam jars and made a set of free printable Strawberry Jam Labels to create a super simple gift I could deliver to neighbors and friends.
Strawberry Jam Printable Tags
I made a few different types of labels since we used a variety of jars for all of the jam we made. I made round circle labels to fit on the lids of the cute glass jars. These would also work perfect as hanging tags or glued to the front of smaller jars. Click here to Download the Free Strawberry Jam Printable Tags.
I also made some jar wrap labels for the larger jars of jam we made. I included two different sizes, one that works perfectly for 12 oz canning jars and the other for larger sized jars like the 16 oz jars.
Simply fill your jars full with the sweet strawberry jam, add the printable tag, and deliver to friends.
The Best Strawberry Jam Recipe
We used fresh farm picked strawberries, which I believe is the key to making the best strawberry jam. We made two batches of jam which resulted in around 12 1/2 pint jars.
- 2 pints fresh-picked strawberries
- 7 cups sugar
- 1/2 6-ounce bottle liquid fruit pectin
- Wash strawberries and pat dry
- Slice in half lengthwise or quarter larger berries
- Measure 4 cups into a large saucepan
- Add 1 cup sugar; mix carefully; let stand 15 minutes
- Add remaining 6 cups of sugar; mix well
- Bring to full rolling boil; boil hard for 1 minute stirring constantly
- Remove from heat; stir in pectin. Stir and skim alternately 5 minutes to prevent the fruit from floating.
- Ladle into hot scalded jars; seal at once.
- Makes seven 1/2-pint jars of fresh strawberry jam.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Just look at those fresh chunks of strawberries floating in that glorious red jam! Mix things up by adding 1 vanilla bean or 2-3 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar to the recipe. Trust me, it’s so good and worth experimenting with.
You’ll find yourself putting it on anything and everything. Smear it on English Muffins, drizzle it on ice cream, or eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon. There is no denying that this is the best homemade strawberry jam, it’s an explosion of summer in your mouth!
If you have any leftover fresh strawberries be sure to give one of these recipes a try.
Mango Strawberry Lemonade
- DIY Patriotic Italian Soda Bar
- Family Travel Guide to Eureka Springs
- DIY Colorful Painted Favor Bags
- All-American Baseball Party Ideas
- Winter Woodland Christmas Tree – Michaels Dream Tree Challenge
- 100 Sweet Days of School Bubblegum Shirt
- DIY Bubble Bath Halloween Costume
- 20 Summer Crafts for Boys
- Farmhouse Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Glam Metallic Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- How to Plan an Outdoor Movie Night
- Birthday Money Jar Gift Idea