I’m over the rainbow excited to share today’s project with you, a Rainbow Gumball Necklace! This simple little project makes me smile, but then again I imagine that it would be very difficult to be wearing a colorful gumball necklace and not be happy. These colorful necklaces are great for St. Patrick’s Day gifts and would also make darling party favors for rainbow themed parties too.
I have always loved these gumball necklaces and have wanted a reason to make them for quite sometime. St. Patrick’s Day seemed like the perfect occasion. There are lots of great step by step tutorials out there for making a gumball necklace, I adapted the tutorial from Rebekah at A Blissful Nest to make mine.
I started by drilling holes with my husbands drill (I sterilized the 3/32″ drill bit first) in my gumballs from Sweetworks.
Next, I threaded my gold ribbon through a large needle.
I carefully strung each gumball on the ribbon and tied a knot after each one to hold them in place.
Tie the ends of your ribbon to create your necklace.
My daughter wanted to give these cheerful necklaces to friends so I made an “I’m over the Rainbow that we’re friends” favor tag so we could give them as St. Patrick’s Day gifts.
I found these gold gift boxes at Target and they were perfect to hold the necklaces. I tied them up with some tulle and rainbow colored twine and attached the sweet little tag.
You can download the free “I’m over the Rainbow that we’re friends” tags here. Some other gift ideas for the favor tags include, Rainbow Push Up Pops, Rainbow Gumball Tubes, or simply fill a favor bag with Skittles and add the tag for a little extra fun!
- Gnome for the Holidays Christmas Tree
- Garlic Herb Butter and Artisan Bread
- Personalized Hostess Gift Under $20
- DIY Cricut Monster Valentine Candy Cards
- DIY Paper Bag Luminaries
- Daisies & Daffodils Garden Party Ideas
- FREE Football Cell Phone Wallpaper
- Jingle and Mingle Christmas Party
- 25 No Carve Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- Here’s The Scoop Ice Cream Gift Basket
- DIY Graduation Cap Balloon Gift
- Teacher Appreciation Gifts: ‘Donut’ You Know You’re a Great Teacher Free Printable