Hello Giggles Galore readers! It’s Patti from Sincerely Jean. Can you believe it’s already February?! Craziness! But with February comes Love Day. I just love Valentine’s Day! I love decorating for it in my house, celebrating it, and eating all the sweets that are justified around this holiday like my Valentine’s Day Oreos!
This Valentine’s day I wanted to come up with a new tradition for my family that would be different and fun. I wanted to make something that would lead up to the day instead of just celebrating it all on the 14th. So I came up with this Valentine’s Day family mailbox. It was super easy and cheap, it only cost me about $3.00! We set it up so that starting February 1st and leading up to the 14th we would put valentines for members of our family in the mailbox. It could be as simple as saying thank you or I love you. Then on Valentine’s Day we’re going to open them up and read them. I’m excited to see what we come up with!
Here are the supplies that you will need:
- Foam paint brush
- Pink glitter
- Mod Podge
- Valentine’s Day cards
- Metallic paint
I started out with a plain old mailbox that I bought from Target for $1.00. I LOVE target!
I used a foam brush to spread Mod Podge onto the mailbox in sections. Then I sprinkled pink glitter (that I found at Michaels) onto the Mod Podge and shook the excess off. I then continued doing this in sections until the mailbox was covered.
Once completely covered, I used metallic Folk Art craft paint in plaid to paint my flag. I had to use about 3 coats for it to conceal the red. I then let it dry completely and was done!
Really easy right? I’m looking forward to continuing this tradition with my family for a long time. It makes Valentine’s Day more meaningful and enjoyable.
- Rock Candy Rainbow Donuts
- You’re the Cherry Best Pie Party
- 8 Easy Valentines To Make with Your Cricut
- All-American Baseball Party Ideas
- The Best Mother’s Day Gift
- Personalized Mother’s Day Gifts – Monogrammed Jewelry Dish
- Black and White Buffalo Plaid Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- 15 No-Sew Group Halloween Costume Ideas
- DIY Leather Luggage Tags with Cricut Knife Blade
- CarnEVIL Trunk or Treat
- Our Dad Rocks Picture Frame – Father’s Day Gifts
- Easy New Year’s Eve Party Appetizers