With the weather cooling down and Fall just around the corner, we have comfort food on our minds. This time of year always has me longing for warm hearty meals that the family can settle in and linger over the dinner table. Our Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells make a delicious and simple meal that embodies everything comforting about home cooking.
While we crave comforting food this time of year, it is also one of our busiest seasons. With soccer practice, games, homework, and the busy holiday work season approaching I need meals to be quick and easy. What I love about this recipe is it is incredibly easy, which is definitely a big bonus for cooking on those busy weeknights and it makes plenty of leftovers.
This dish is great for any season and so full of flavor it is sure to become one of your menu planning regulars. Part of what makes this dish so flavorful is the pasta sauce. We tried the new Napa Valley Homemade™ – the next generation of pasta sauce from Mezzetta®. With no added sugar, no past, no shortcuts, and crafted with 100% hand-selected plum tomatoes and the freshest ingredients from local farmers it’s the sauce memories are made of. We loved the Tomato & Sweet Basil, it was a fairly traditional tasting Italian sauce, but the sweet and savory combination was absolutely perfect for this dish.
Now that you have the perfect sauce it’s time to assemble the stuffed shells with a smooth creamy cheese mixture.
Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the cheesy spinach mixture into each shell.
Arrange the stuffed shells in a baking dish and pour the all star Mezzetta Napa Valley Homemade™ pasta sauce over the top of the shells covering completely. Sprinkle with cheese and bake until bubbly.
Serve with a fresh garden salad and garlic bread for a cozy and satisfying meal that will let you savor the flavors of fall and enjoy a memorable family dinner.
This fall spend less time in the kitchen and more time at the table with this comfort-food classic. Print out our Dinner Table Conversation Cards and make Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells for an unforgettable fall family dinner!
- Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (10 oz) pkg. frozen spinach, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 Jar of Mezzetta Pasta Sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir 5 minutes until tender.
- Add to a large bowl 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, spinach, and ricotta. Stir well.
- Fill cooked shells with spinach mixture.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce in the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish. Place filled shells in the dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over shells.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 to 50 minutes until hot.
- Remove foil. Top with remaining cheese and bake 5 minutes longer until cheese on top is melted.
- Rock Candy Rainbow Donuts
- You’re the Cherry Best Pie Party
- 8 Easy Valentines To Make with Your Cricut
- I Love You Because… Grandparents Day Gift
- Heart Pop-It Valentine with Free Printable Tags
- Teen Boho Bedroom Makeover with Cricut
- Pink and Purple Princess Party Candy Bar
- Orange You Glad It’s Summer Party with Cricut
- Tackling a Tween Girl’s Bedroom Makeover
- Farmhouse Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Glam Metallic Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Ice Cream Cone Fruit Cups