Our elf Zippy loves a good surprise and for the past three years he arrives in style with a special North Pole Breakfast. This is a tradition our kids eagerly anticipate and look forward to each holiday season. We recently moved and Zippy had a little trouble arriving in a timely manner (AKA this tired momma was feeling a little overwhelmed and couldn’t get it together) with this special surprise breakfast. The kids were worried he forgot about them so they wrote him a letter and we dropped it in Santa’s mailbox.
I couldn’t disappoint them, so that evening I made a quick trip to Target to gather a few supplies and help Zippy plan our North Pole Breakfast. While this breakfast wasn’t over the top fancy and it’s definitely not going to go viral on Pinterest. it was a memorable morning full of excitement and lots of giggles!
Zippy was a busy little elf and cut out lots of paper snowflakes for a wintery display. With a few snowy supplies from the Target Dollar Spot Zippy created a fun table setting for a simple breakfast of mini waffles, fruit, powdered donuts and milk. Zippy also left a gift box with new socks for the kids to keep their toes toasty and warm this winter. He also left a fun coloring activity for the kids to play with. Even though it was a school day we spent the morning enjoying our new goodies from Zippy and celebrating the start of a magical season. We were late to school, but it was absolutely worth it to hear the kids excitedly talk to Zippy about how good they have been this year, tell him what they want for Christmas and giggling the morning away as they feasted on powdered donuts.
Our North Pole Breakfast is one of my favorite Elf on the Shelf traditions and it’s no secret the kids love it too! For more North Pole Breakfast inspiration and ideas make sure you check out our North Pole Breakfast 2011 and North Pole Breakfast 2012.
Do you have any special Elf on the Shelf traditions?
- DIY Paper Bag Luminaries
- Free Thanksgiving Bingo Printable
- Wax Paper Melted Crayon Art
- 5 Ideas to Host a Fall Backyard Bonfire Party
- DIY Octopus Costume
- Hot Salted Caramel Coffee
- Cricut EasyPress 2 vs. Heat Press - Which Is Better?
- Black and White Buffalo Plaid Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Trunk or Treat Decorating Ideas & Tips
- 10th Birthday Tradition and Surprise Birthday Sign
- DIY Leather Luggage Tags with Cricut Knife Blade
- DIY Acrylic Pour Ceramic Coasters
- Fiesta Dinner Party
- No Bake Candy Birthday Cake
- 10 Tips for a Successful Lemonade Stand
- Classic Cowboy Birthday Party