Christmas baking is in full swing here at our house, it’s one of my favorite things about the holidays. I love making cookies and taking sweet gifts to neighbors and friends. And of course we love to sneak a few treats too…I may have to make an extra trip or two to the gym for the 3 or 4 of these Magic Cookie Bars I’ve devoured the last few days.
These cookies aren’t anything new or fancy, this recipe has been around for ever…but they are my absolute favorite holiday cookie. This is the only time of the year that we make them and I try to package them up and deliver to friends before I eat all of them!
This year I used small wooden baskets and stamped them with a cheerful Christmas stamp. I added red and white polka dot washi tape around the rim. I placed a tiny bit of basket filler in the bottom of the basket and then added a layer of wax paper before filling the basket with magic cookie bars. Once the basked was full of treats I put the basket in a large cello bag and tied with with tulle and ribbon.
What’s your favorite holiday cookie or treat?
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⅓ cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE graham cracker crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press into bottom of the pan.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture.
- Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Loosen from sides of pan while still warm; cool on wire rack.
- DIY Paper Bag Luminaries
- Free Thanksgiving Bingo Printable
- Wax Paper Melted Crayon Art
- 5 Ideas to Host a Fall Backyard Bonfire Party
- DIY Octopus Costume
- Hot Salted Caramel Coffee
- Cricut EasyPress 2 vs. Heat Press - Which Is Better?
- Black and White Buffalo Plaid Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Trunk or Treat Decorating Ideas & Tips
- 10th Birthday Tradition and Surprise Birthday Sign
- DIY Leather Luggage Tags with Cricut Knife Blade
- DIY Acrylic Pour Ceramic Coasters
- Fiesta Dinner Party
- No Bake Candy Birthday Cake
- 10 Tips for a Successful Lemonade Stand
- Classic Cowboy Birthday Party