This morning Aubrey firmly announced she wanted to make an art project. It has been quite some time since we have done an art project. With vacations & most recently sick kids I haven’t had the time or energy to organize one, but since she asked it was a must.
I asked her what she wanted to do and she said “paint a bug.” So I popped over to No Time For Flashcards for some inspiration and we settled on painting a pretty ladybug. Here is how you can make your very own.
1. Gather your supplies2. Let your child paint the paper plate. I gave her a paintbrush, but she wanted to use her hands, whatever works!3. While your child is painting cut the circles and other shapes out of black construction paper.4. Glue the parts to the paper plate and add the antennas.5. Enjoy a ladybug snack while it drys (see below).
During our art project little miss asked for a snack so I decided we would tie everything together by having a “ladybug” apple for our snack. Here is how we made ours.1. Gather supplies. We used a red apple (ours weren’t a true red, but it was what we had), pretzel sticks, chocolate chips and peanut butter.2. Slice the apple in half.
3. Poke the pretzel sticks in the top for antennas.
4. Dip the chocolate chips in the peanut butter and place on apple.5. Enjoy.
To wrap everything up we sang this little song and read The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle.
FIVE LITTLE LADYBUGS
Five little ladybugs on our front door, (Hold up five fingers.)
One flew to Parker, and that left four. (Hold up four fingers.)
Four little ladybugs, oh so wee,
One flew to Piper, and that left three. (Hold up three fingers.)
Three little ladybugs saying “howdy-do,”
One flew to Mommy, and that left two. (Hold up two fingers.)
Two little ladybugs snoozing in the sun,
One flew to Daddy, and that left one. (Hold up one finger.)
One little ladybug alone on the door,
It flew to Aubrey, then there were no more. (Bend down last finger.)
*Substitute the names of your children for those in the rhyme
- DIY Paper Bag Luminaries
- Free Thanksgiving Bingo Printable
- Wax Paper Melted Crayon Art
- 5 Ideas to Host a Fall Backyard Bonfire Party
- DIY Octopus Costume
- Hot Salted Caramel Coffee
- Cricut EasyPress 2 vs. Heat Press - Which Is Better?
- Black and White Buffalo Plaid Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Trunk or Treat Decorating Ideas & Tips
- 10th Birthday Tradition and Surprise Birthday Sign
- DIY Leather Luggage Tags with Cricut Knife Blade
- DIY Acrylic Pour Ceramic Coasters
- Fiesta Dinner Party
- No Bake Candy Birthday Cake
- 10 Tips for a Successful Lemonade Stand
- Classic Cowboy Birthday Party