Brunch is one of my favorite meals. But this Bacon Spinach and Mushroom Quiche is a dish you’ll be happy to serve at any meal! With the promise of spring and warmer weather on the horizon this delicious and simple recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser, whether you are hosting a Paris Inspired Springtime Brunch or gathering with family for a festive Easter Brunch this recipe is sure to be a hit!
When my husband and I first got married I would make quiche on a regular basis. It was an easy, fool-proof dish that was budget friendly and it didn’t take long to master. Eventually this staple fell off my regular rotation of dishes I would make and I’m honestly not even sure why. But, I recently rediscovered my love of the light, creamy and savory open-faced pastry, better known as quiche.
The great thing about quiche is that you can make it pretty much however you want. You just need eggs, cream, and any mixture of meat, veggies and cheeses that you like to create the perfect pie.
There are so many options when it comes to quiche. Serve your savory quiche crust-less in individual mini pie dishes, like I did at our recent Paris Inspired Springtime Brunch. Or serve it in a pre-made pie crust (or make your own if you are feeling ambitious!) This savory dish would be great for Easter brunch or even just to celebrate those rare lazy Saturday mornings. Now matter what occasion you choose to make this Bacon Spinach and Mushroom Quiche for I promise that your going to fall in love with the simplicity of creating a recipe your whole family will love!
I love trying new things so leave your comments with your favorite quiche flavor combinations.
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10 oz.) box frozen spinach
- 8 oz cooked bacon
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- as needed non-stick spray
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz. feta cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- Pie Crust
- salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw the frozen spinach in the microwave. Empty the box into a colander and squeeze out all of the liquid.
- Cook the bacon until crisp, reserve some of the bacon grease to saute the mushrooms.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms and toss in the skillet with the reserved bacon grease, add the minced garlic, and sprinkle a little salt and pepper. Turn the heat on to medium-high and saute the mushrooms for 5-7 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the spinach, mushrooms, bacon and crumbled feta. Spread it out on the bottom of your pie crust.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs until fairly smooth. Add the cream, Parmesan, and a dash of salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Pour this mixture into the pie dish over the bacon spinach, mushrooms, and feta.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over top.
- Place the quiche into the preheated oven and bake until it is golden brown on top and the center is solid, approximately 45 minutes to an hour.
- Slice and serve!