Thanksgiving is a holiday about gratitude, food and beautiful table settings. Transitioning from trick or treat to turkey will be a breeze, and easy on your pocket book too, with these simple decorating tips for your Thanksgiving Table Settings. Here I am on the set of The Broadcast ready to share some budget friendly tips for Thanksgiving.
One of the best things about fall is that the base color palette can stay the same throughout the season, transitioning your decor from one holiday to the next. Here are some of my favorite tips for transitioning from Halloween to Thanksgiving decor:
- Play with Pumpkins – One of the great things about fall decorations is that most of the materials are long-lasting, including pumpkins. You can use the orange pumpkins with fall leaves, decorative corn and lots of natural elements for an updated look. Or you can turn fresh uncarved traditional orange pumpkins into a more trendy display by spray painting them white and gold.
- Bring the Outdoors In – Thanksgiving decor works great when we invite the outdoors in. With everything nature provides us during the fall season, it is easy and inexpensive to blend the two. Use real or faux gourds, acorns, fall foliage and fresh fall colored florals to set a nature inspired table.
- Set the Table – You’ve slaved in the kitchen all day to prepare the perfect feast make sure your table setting is just as yummy. Dress up your basic dishes with chargers and patterned plates. Create a stunning, yet simple centerpiece that will keep the conversation flowing, like this veggie inspired centerpiece I made for less than $15. Make guest feel welcome with personalized place cards perfectly placed in front of each place setting.
With these simple tips your table will look as great as your turkey! Watch my TV segment on The Broadcast for more ideas and tips on how to recreate this beautiful Thanksgiving table setting.
- DIY Paper Bag Luminaries
- Free Thanksgiving Bingo Printable
- Wax Paper Melted Crayon Art
- 5 Ideas to Host a Fall Backyard Bonfire Party
- DIY Octopus Costume
- Hot Salted Caramel Coffee
- Cricut EasyPress 2 vs. Heat Press - Which Is Better?
- Black and White Buffalo Plaid Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Trunk or Treat Decorating Ideas & Tips
- 10th Birthday Tradition and Surprise Birthday Sign
- DIY Leather Luggage Tags with Cricut Knife Blade
- DIY Acrylic Pour Ceramic Coasters
- Fiesta Dinner Party
- No Bake Candy Birthday Cake
- 10 Tips for a Successful Lemonade Stand
- Classic Cowboy Birthday Party