There is nothing quite like waking in the early morning to catch a glimpse of a breathtaking Texas sunrise. The brilliant, bright orange and red hues light up the sky beckoning you to make it the best day ever. But, let’s be honest, it isn’t often that I drag myself out of bed early enough to enjoy natures glorious display. Instead I like to enjoy my mornings with one of my favorite drinks, a Texas Sunrise Mocktail.
This is one of those signature drinks that make everything, even a mundane Monday morning, feel extraordinary. It’s also a great drink recipe for entertaining. Whip up a few of these for a weekend brunch, baby showers or serve them on a breakfast in bed tray for mom on Mother’s Day.
You probably already have everything you need to make these refreshing drinks in your refrigerator. You’ll want to keep this recipe for our Texas Sunrise Mocktail handy, it’s the perfect way to sweeten up your day.
- 8 oz orange juice
- 1 Tbsp maraschino cherry syrup
- lime wedge
- maraschino cherries
- Pour 8 oz of chilled orange juice into a glass
- Add 1 tablespoon of maraschino cherry syrup, let it settle at the bottom of the glass.
- Add ice and garnish with a lime wedge and maraschino cherries.
- Add a pretty paper straw, sip and enjoy!
- Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/texas-sunrise-nonalcoholic-recipe.html?oc=linkback
This is a great kid-friendly drink too. My kids love sipping on this pretty and fancy morning drink, it definitely beats a boring glass of milk. The only thing that could make this drink more extraordinary would be sipping on it as dawn turns a golden, firey hue of delicious colors as the sunrise makes it’s way high into the wide open Texas sky!