We are a sports family. We love watching our favorite teams and cheering them on, whether we are at the game or watching the TV from the comfort of our living room it’s a great way to spend time and create memories together. I can’t think of a better way to cheer on your favorite team and celebrate unbelievable moments than with a delicious Slam Dunk Coke Float!
While I’ve always been a fan of sports and even played them growing up, after I married my husband I discovered that he spent a lot more time watching sports on TV than me. Rather than being annoyed I saw it as an opportunity to spend quality time together and show interest in something he was passionate about. My husband and I can’t wait for the Big Tournament and since things have been rather busy around here lately I decided it was a good excuse for a date night in. I picked up some of my favorite sweet treats at Target and created coke floats that were guaranteed to be be a slam dunk for our our date night!
- Coke Zero
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- OREO Cookies
- REESE’S Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Orange Melting Chocolate Wafers
- Semi Sweet Chocolate
- Mason Jar
- Add 2 to 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream to your Mason Jar.
- Pour the Coke Zero over the ice cream.
- Sprinkle the top of the coke float with crushed OREO Cookies.
- Put the finishing touches on your slam dunk coke float with chocolate covered basketball OREO Cookies.
- Enjoy a special date night cheering on your favorite team with this delicious slam dunk coke float!
The basketball OREO Cookies may look fancy, but are super easy to make and these fun little basketballs are the perfect detail to make your coke float a real slam dunk!
- I use the Wilton Cookie Mold to create my basketball cookies.
- Melt the orange melting chocolate wafers according to the package and spoon the melted chocolate into the bottom of the mold until the bottom is completely covered.
- Next, gently push the OREO Cookie into the melted chocolate.
- Spoon more melted chocolate onto to completely cover the cookie. Put the mold into the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens. Remove from the fridge and gently tap to remove the cookies from the mold.
- Add the final details with the melted semi sweet chocolate.
- Next, gently insert a bamboo skewer into the bottom of the basketball cookie.
- Finally, add your basketball OREO Cookies to your slam dunk coke float!
One thing is certain, my husband and I are going to enjoy a super sweet date night cheering for our favorite teams in the Big Tournament!
What are your favorite game day traditions or slam dunk recipes you like to enjoy while watching the big game?