This Halloween project was inspired by another project I was working on for a party. I was making a crayon drip canvas for a crayon themed party and while my sister was over helping me she told me about the crayon pumpkins she had seen on Pinterest (which I later found was done by The Swell Life.) She suggested we make our own version using all the black, white and gray crayons we had left over from the other project.
What You Need:
– Pumpkins (real or fake)
– Crayons (Crayola crayons work best)
– Hair Dryer or Heat Tool
Break the crayons in half and place around the stem of the pumpkin.
Use your heat tool or hair dryer to melt the crayons.
As they begin to melt tilt the pumpkin forward slightly to help the wax drip down over the sides.
We used a combination of the gray, white and black crayons and just the black. I like how it turned out using just the black best. We also found that since we used real pumpkins and they aren’t perfectly smooth that some of the melted drips pulled up from the pumpkin (which looked really cool) but you had to be gentle with it so they didn’t break off.
- Clothespin Pilgrims
- DIY Halloween Crystal Ball Favors
- FANGtastic Halloween Dessert Board
- Broomstick Party Skewers
- Heart Pop-It Valentine with Free Printable Tags
- DIY Paper Bag Luminaries
- Personalized Mother’s Day Gifts – Monogrammed Jewelry Dish
- DIY Octopus Costume
- Lottery Ticket Cake Teacher Appreciation Gift
- Colorful Spring Lemon Flower Arrangement
- Model of the Moon – Science Fair Project
- DIY Rock Star Halloween Costume