This is a sponsored conversation written by me on the behalf of Cost Plus World Market. The opinions, text and photos are all my own.
Growing up in Texas, football is a way of life. So when it comes to tailgating and game day parties I know how to entertain and wow a crowd! When you get to combine two things you love, football and entertaining, you know it’s going to be a good day. I’m gearing up for the Big Game with a fun football themed Game Day Popcorn and Pretzel Bar snack station that is guaranteed to get the party poppin’!
I’ve teamed up with Cost Plus World Market to show you how you can create the perfect game day snacks with this easy Game Day Popcorn & Pretzel Bar. All of your guest, young and old, will love scooping, sprinkling and shaking to create their own flavorful snack. Popcorn makes the perfect game day snack, especially when you give your guest the option to customize it and make their own sweet, salty or spice version.
I am a big fan of any type of “bar” when it comes to entertaining. They are easy to set-up and they allow everyone the opportunity to customize to their own liking, just like they did at our Game Day Baked Potato Bar last year. This year I decided to set-up a popcorn and pretzel bar with lots of creative flavors and products I found at Cost Plus World Market Plano.
I started by decorating my giant chalkboard with a simply DIY football banner I made with kraft triangle flags and chalk. I like to use items I have around the house to add visual interest and hight, my wooden farmhouse cubby made the perfect spot to display popcorn boxes and mini buckets of football shaped pretzels.
Next, I filled large jars with popcorn and labeled them with the wooden chalkboard clips. Because you are encouraging your guest to create their own flavored popcorn you will want to make sure you include simple, plain flavors. But, I’ve found that not everyone wants to mix and shake so I like to include popular flavors like White Cheddar and Olive Oil and Herb. I also like to create a signature flavor like this delicious Black Truffle Parmesan Popcorn.
- 3 cups lightly salted popcorn
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon black truffle garlic parmesan powder
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano, divided
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Add the popcorn to a large bowl.
- Evenly pour the melted butter over the top of the popcorn
- Sprinkle the black truffle garlic parmesan powder over the top and toss to coat.
- Next, add half of the Parmesan, Romano cheese and rosemary and toss to coat
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and parsley over the top and enjoy.
Once you have all your popcorn containers filled and ready it’s time to add the seasonings and toppings. I filled the round spice jars with metal shaker lids with some of the most popular seasonings including ranch, chili lime, garlic parmesan and cinnamon sugar. Other ideas for toppings include honey, Sriracha, garlic sea salt, chocolate chips, peanut butter and sprinkles.
I created and printed out this free Touchdown Popcorn Bar printable so guest would know exactly what to do to create their own masterpiece mix.
In addition to popcorn I made giant soft pretzels and served them along side dijon mustard and cheesy dipping sauce. Popcorn and pretzels are the perfect snacks to munch on while watching the big game and with these simple and easy game day entertaining ideas you can guarantee you will have the best party in town!
What type of food do you like to serve, or eat, while watching football games? Head to your local World Market to find everything you will need to throw the ultimate game day party.
World Market Products Used:
- World Market Lightly Salted Popcorn
- World Market Hatch Chili and Cheddar Popcorn
- World Market Olive Oil and Herb Popcorn
- World Market White Cheddar Popcorn
- South Bend Bourbon Crunch Popcorn
- German Pretzel Mix
- Maille Dijon Mustard
- Utz Football Shaped Pretzels
- Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- Chili Powder Seasoning
- Black Truffle Garlic Parmesan
- Ground Cinnamon
- Round Spice Jars with Metal Shaker Lid
- One Gallon Glass Storage Jars
- Half Gallon Glass Storage Jars
- Wooden Chalkboard Clips
- Kraft Triangle Flag Banner
- DIY Patriotic Italian Soda Bar
- Family Travel Guide to Eureka Springs
- DIY Colorful Painted Favor Bags
- Mini Lasagna Roll-up Appetizers for Holiday Entertaining
- RainBOO Halloween Carnival Party
- Brunch Party Ideas with Cricut
- DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Moon and Stars Mobile
- Rustic and Cozy Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- FREE Holiday Cell Phone Wallpaper Background
- Hot Air Balloon Valentine Box
- Farmhouse Christmas Decorating Ideas
- 5 Teacher Gifts Teachers Really Want