This blog post was sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN® but the opinions are all my own. #gametimegrilling #ad
Here at our house Fall doesn’t just mean cooler weather and shorter days. Around here fall means football. I’ve always been a fan of football, I think my love for the game started when I was in high school. As a social butterfly, Friday night games started out as a way for me to socialize with my friends. But, then I started hanging out in the press box announcing plays and eventually fell in love with the game. I still love watching football with friends and family, but now I look forward to game day even more. Why? Because I love the food and entertaining friends. Whether you are headed to the game to tailgate or watching it on the TV at home, these Brisket Sliders with Spicy Jalapeno Coleslaw are going to elevate your game day menu!
Here in Texas, tailgating can be an all-day affair. When your out at the stadium tailgating the smell of slow cooked, mouth-watering brisket wafts through the air. Brisket is a definitively Texan dish, which makes it the perfect star for any tailgate recipe. Paired with KING’S HAWAIIAN® Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls, spicy jalapeno coleslaw and the new KING’S HAWAIIAN smoked BBQ sauce these small bites pack a big, flavorful punch!
The smoky brisket is balanced out by the sweet and spicy jalapeno coleslaw. Light and fresh, this coleslaw recipe is one of my favorites. It’s perfect on it’s own, but piled high on sliders it becomes irresistible.
I needed something to balance out the spicy coleslaw so I picked up a package of KING’S HAWAIIAN® rolls from where else, but Texan’s favorite grocery store, H-E-B. If you are planning a tailgate party or just watching the game from home, H-E-B is a one-stop-shop for all your game day shopping needs.
If you are familiar with my party hosting philosophy you know that I’m all about creating dishes that are simple and easy to make. Bonus points if you can make them ahead of time. You don’t want to spend your entire afternoon in the kitchen trying to keep up with the game through breaks in cooking do you? These sliders are so easy. You can make everything ahead of time and you can even put out all the ingredients on a bar cart so guest create their own sliders. Or make these just before guest arrive and put them on a platter so your friends and family can grab a bit and fuel up, just in time to cheer on their favorite team!
Start by piling a generous amount of brisket on the sliders. Drizzle the KING’S HAWAIIAN Bacon BBQ Sauce over the brisket and top it off with the spicy jalapeno coleslaw.
The only problem with these mini sliders are how quick they will disappear on game day. So, what are you waiting for…elevate your game day and make these Brisket Sliders with spicy Jalapeno Coleslaw. These tailgate sandwiches are just the fuel you and your guest will need to cheer your team on to victory!
- 1 bag Fresh Express 3-Color Deli Cole Slaw
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce such as Texas Pete’s
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until well combined.
- Add the coleslaw mix and cilantro and stir until well combined.
- Adjust salt to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pile on top of brisket and King’s Hawaiian Rolls for mouth-watering Brisket Sliders with Spicy Jalapeno Coleslaw, perfect for entertaining a crowd or tailgate parties!
If you are looking for more great recipes for your game day menu make sure you check out these popular recipes:
- You’re the Cherry Best Pie Party
- 8 Easy Valentines To Make with Your Cricut
- Sweet As Pie Gift Idea with Free Tags
- All-American Baseball Party Ideas
- FREE Fall Cell Phone Wallpaper
- Beer Tasting Birthday Party Ideas with Cricut
- How to Plan A Bee-utiful Bee Themed Party
- Cute and Simple Donut Themed Party
- Back to School Jitter Juice
- DIY Melting Ice Cream Cone Headband
- DIY Star Wars Canvas Wall Art
- Twins Carnival Birthday Party