This post is sponsored by Market Street. As always all ideas, projects and opinions are 100% my own.
Have you ever had the baked cinnamon apples at Chilli’s? My kids love those sweet baked apples and every time we dine out at a restaurant that serves them you can guarantee they will order them. I finally decided to give them and try and make them at home and I don’t know what took me so long to make these….they are so good! This recipe is another easy one to throw together and with my new Lodge Bakeware from Market Street it turned out perfect!
I adapted this recipe I found online and made these delicious baked cinnamon apples as a side dish for dinner. They went perfectly with our bacon wrapped pork tenderloin and the kids gobbled them up, this recipe is definitely a keeper!
- 6 cups apples, peeled & sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, plus 2-3 tablespoons for topping
- 1tbs flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by spraying with cooking spray
- With a peeler peel each apple, and core the apples
- Cut apples into small chunks
- In a large zip bag place 1 TBS flour then add the apples zip the bag up and shake until the apples are lightly covered in flour.
- Add both sugars and zip the bag and shake well
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg zip and shake well
- In your prepared baking pan pour in the apple mixture from the zip bag, and spread out on the pan.
- Place in the 450 degree oven
- Bake for 30 minutes stirring occasionally to insure the apples don't dry out and cook evenly.
- In the last 10 minutes sprinkle the remaining brown sugar on top for a caramelized topping.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serving warm is best.
I know one of the reasons this dish turned out so well is because my awesome new rectangular roasting pan. The Lodge bakeware dishes are extremely versatile and help make sure your meals stay hot and ready. They can be used for marinating, baking, roasting, serving or even snacking and the best part is they are easy to clean! As a busy mom when I’m shopping for new dishes or pans if it can’t be put in the dishwasher it’s a deal breaker, no matter how awesome it claims to be. The Lodge Bakeware is safe for the microwave, freezer, oven and most importantly dishwasher safe.
Now through January 20, 2015 when you shop at Market Street you can earn one e-sticker for every qualifying $10 ticket spend. Sign up for a rewards account if you don’t already have one, track your e-stickers on your receipt, the Market Street mobile app, or online. When you’ve earned the required number of e-stickers, you simply select your desired cookware or bakeware and give your rewards account to the cashier at checkout to redeem your FREE item. See all of the cookware and bakeware on the Market Street website to see what pieces you want to start saving your stickers for!
With the holiday season quickly approaching there will be LOTS of cooking and baking and doing it with new bakeware and cookware will make it LOTS more fun!