I love Thanksgiving because it marks the start of the holiday season, which is often a busy but very memorable time of the year. We have so much to be thankful for and I love that this beautiful holiday gives us time to truly reflect on all those blessings. This year take the kids table from ordinary to extraordinary with a Turkey Treat Box filled with Pumpkin Spice Snack.
This is one of those simple and fun recipes your kids can help make and as an added bonus they can decorate the turkey treat boxes while they wait for Thanksgiving dinner to be served. Thanks to our partnership with Imperial Sugar my kids and I had lots of fun creating our own Turkey Treat Box with a delicious Pumpkin Spice Snack.
What kid doesn’t love a sweet and yummy cereal snack mix? This is one of those tried and true recipes we make all the time, but we’ve never tried it with the pumpkin pie seasoning. I wasn’t sure how my kids would like it, but it was a big hit and quickly disappeared.
Once you’ve mixed everything, let it cool on a baking sheet.
While the snack mix is cooling let the kids create their very own turkey treat boxes with a few simple craft supplies. Here is what we used to create ours:
- Craft Snack Boxes (found at Target)
- Construction Paper
- Paper Feather Printables
- Googly Eyes
- Glue Dots
We used the Paper Feather Printables and a combination of construction paper feathers to make our turkey boxes colorful. We stapled the feathers together and then used the glue dots to attach them to the back of the box. Then we added the turkey’s beak, gobbler and eyes with glue dots.
Once you’ve created your turkey box it’s time to fill it with the yummy Pumpkin Spice Snack mix. Make sure you visit Imperial Sugar Kids in the Kitchen for the full recipe.
Of course, if you’re still looking for some last minute ideas to make your kids table EXTRAORDINARY make sure you check out these ideas:
- Grandparents’ Day Interview Free Printable
- Bubbling Key Lime Mousse Cauldrons
- How to Spend the Perfect Day in Downtown McKinney
- Easy Halloween Desserts Using Candy Eyes
- Teen Tiki Time Birthday Party Ideas
- 15 No-Sew Group Halloween Costume Ideas
- Tips to Beat the Summer Heat
- Here’s The Scoop Ice Cream Gift Basket
- DIY Motivational Water Bottle
- Free Teacher Thank You Letter Gift Idea
- Easter Bunny Cups and Bunny Bait
- Tin for Ten – A 10th Anniversary Gift