Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts with Cream Cheese Filling
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup shortening
2 tsp cream of tarter
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz. cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400*. Mix all tart ingredients.
2. Put silicon baking cups into muffin tin and gently press dough into the baking cups. Fill about 1/4 -1/2 full. This is your preference. You wan the dough to be pressed into the baking cup and come up the sides a little bit to make a tart like shape.
3. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cool.
4. Make filling and spread evenly on top of tart.
5. Top with fruit of your choice – Strawberries, bananas, blueberries, kiwi, raspberries, etc.