Do you love baking with your kids? I’ll admit sometimes I avoid it because it can be chaotic and messy with three kids. But, the flour dusted kitchen is absolutely worth it when you think about the memories you are creating with your little ones. Monster Cookies are one of my childhood favorites and the other day I decided to make them with my twins while big sister was at school.
It was so fun to watch their excitement as we added each ingredient. I loved watching them sneak a little taste when they thought I wasn’t looking. And the giggles as the raced down the hallway as the timer was going off absolutely melted my heart!
I used my mom’s recipe for these delicious Monster Cookies, but I’m sure it’s the same one that has been around for ages! Do you remember making these cookies as a kid?
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray, or line with parchment paper or a silpat mats.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugars and butter. Mix until well combined. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the oats and baking soda. Then stir in the chips and M&M's.
- Drop big spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets and transfer to wire racks; cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Garlic Herb Butter and Artisan Bread
- FANGtastic Halloween Dessert Board
- Bubbling Key Lime Mousse Cauldrons
- Mini Lasagna Roll-up Appetizers for Holiday Entertaining
- French Toast with Lemon Mascarpone Cream
- Easy Tailgate Snack and Party Ideas
- Fiesta Dinner Party
- Smart Cookie Teacher Appreciation Gift
- Easy New Year’s Eve Party Appetizers
- Strawberry Coco Loco Mocktail Recipe
- Spicy Chipotle BBQ Sauce – Father’s Day Awesomesauce
- Easter Bunny Cups and Bunny Bait