Hey Y’all! What do you say we celebrate the start of summer with a delicious Homemade Peach Ice Cream with Pistachios!?! I promise you’ll love the sweet peaches combined with the crunchy pistachios in this easy homemade ice cream recipe. Top it off with some sweet and juicy raspberries for a summertime dessert that will have everyone saying “goodness gracious that’s good y’all!”
Over the weekend my kids had a date to spend the morning with grandma and grandpa at the local farmers market. They were excited about going to the farmers market and spent most of breakfast rattling off what items they wanted to pick out and bring home. Before they left on their big adventure I gave them $20 so each of them could pick their favorite fruits and veggies or new ones they wanted to try.
They loved their trip to the farmers market and came home with lots of yummy goodies including fresh, juicy peaches. We decided to use some of them to make Homemade Peach Ice Cream for our Memorial Day BBQ with the family.
Peach ice cream is good, but top it off with pistachios and fresh raspberries and you’ve got a real winner! The flavors compliment each other so well and every spoonful is packed with the juicy farm fresh peaches.
My kids loved helping make ice cream with the peaches they picked out on their special trip to the farmers market and one thing is certain everyone enjoyed eating it!
- 2 cups finely chopped ripe peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- Combine the peaches, lemon juice and 3/4 cup of sugar in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Remove the peaches from the fridge and drain the juice into another bowl and set aside.
- Return the peaches to the fridge.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in 3/4 cup of sugar until completely blended.
- Add the cream and milk and whisk to blend mix until completely blended.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the ice maker’s directions.
- During the last 5 minutes add the peaches.
- Scoop the ice cream into a bowl and drizzle a tiny bit of the peach syrup (juice leftover from peach and sugar mixture) over the top, sprinkle with crush pistachios and finish it off with fresh raspberries.
- Rock Candy Rainbow Donuts
- You’re the Cherry Best Pie Party
- 8 Easy Valentines To Make with Your Cricut
- Grinch Christmas Tree
- RainBOO Halloween Carnival Party
- Easy Entertaining with Summer Seafood Boil Party
- Easy Tailgate Snack and Party Ideas
- March Madness Basketball Party
- Smart Cookie Teacher Appreciation Gift
- Here’s The Scoop Ice Cream Gift Basket
- DIY Christmas Wine Bottle Gift Tags
- Teachers Help Small Things Grow: Teacher Appreciation Gift