Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love that we have a day set aside just for celebrating the things we are thankful for and spending time gathered around the table with loved ones. And while we should count our blessings daily, there is just something so heartwarming about families gathered around the table together to celebrate their blessings. Plus, I’ve always believed that the best conversations happen when family and friends are gathered together around the table with good food.
So to make sure our Thanksgiving is an Extraordinary memory full of blessings and gratitude I’ve teamed up with Cricut to share my Black, White and Gold Thanksgiving table, plus some great tips and ideas for making your holiday entertaining memorable and fun!
I love entertaining, but our get-togethers are usually more casual and low key which is exactly why when Thanksgiving rolls around I like to pull out all the pretty things and make this holiday feel extra special. This year I’ve been obsessed with gold and figured I’d go a little less traditional with the orange and browns and more hip and elegant with black, white and gold.
I used the new image sets Pretty Packages and Floral Home in the Cricut Design Space to make decorations, menus, thankful cards and favors for our Thanksgiving guest.
For my place settings I used gold chargers, white and black plates. The black and white chevron napkins with gold flatware were tied together with greenery and gold glitter paper bows for napkin rings.
The menu is one of my favorite details, made using only the Cricut, it’s a pretty way to share the dinner plan with everyone coming for dinner.
Now, I’m going to be super honest with you. I really wanted to create one of those beautiful paper flower arrangements I’ve seen pop up all over Design Space….but it did not work out for me. I must not be a paper master because gosh darn it I had such a hard time with those flowers and getting them to look pretty! My frustration took over and I finally gave up and made a fresh floral arrangement in my gold pumpkin. But, I did manage to end up with a few pretty flowers and used those as pops of gold color on my natural table runner full of artichokes, tree stumps, pheasant feathers, wheat and antlers.
I made a Thankful envelop for each place setting as so guest could write down what they are thankful for. This is also a great conversation starter too!
The Pretty Packages Image Set has so many great gift boxes you can create and embellish. I made little black boxes with gold tags for simple little favors, because saying thank you is always nicer when it’s a little package tied with a gold glitter bow!
Here are some of my favorite tips for making your holiday entertaining EXTRAORDINARY:
- Dress to Impress – Get out your pretty dishes and china. You can use the paper plates and plastic cups for leftovers, but make Thanksgiving feel extra special with those beautiful dishes.
- Create a Statement Centerpiece. Use Natural Elements or items you already have to create a statement centerpiece. Remember to keep things low so that guest can see across the table and engage in conversation with everyone.
- Think 5 – This is my favorite entertaining tip! I believe to make an event memorable, it needs to appeal to all Five Senses. When you’re planning an event think about all five senses (sight, hear, touch, taste, smell) Play music in the background, light candles, use soft and luxurious linens and serve mouthwatering food. You want for your guest to remember everything about your event from the moment they walk in the door to when they leave and if you “Think 5” you’re guaranteed to have your bases covered.
- Keep It Simple – Make several dishes like a cheese and fruit tray ahead of time so you aren’t scrambling in the kitchen before guest arrive. Plus, do you really need ALL that food? Remember great conversations happen around the dinner so don’t spend all your time slaving in the kitchen.
- Spark a Conversation – Start the Conversation with creative dinner conversation topics or make and use “Thankful” envelopes. Have everyone at the table take turns sharing what they are thankful for.
I hope you have an EXTRAORDINARY holiday celebration full of laughter and memories. And to help you get started creating beautiful decor I’m excited to offer you the chance to win a Cricut prize package worth more than $150! Enter now through midnight MST on Wednesday, November 19, http://bit.ly/10rFtso. And, if you love crafting, have a website and would like to join Cricut’s Affiliate program, you can sign up here.
What are your favorite holiday entertaining tips?