I simply adore Halloween, it is one of my favorite times of the year. My mom always decked the house in spooky Halloween decor and threw great parties for our friends. Now that I am a mom I find myself doing the exact same thing.I made these simple Halloween Blocks after completing another “pumpkin” project. I had some leftover wood and decided to put it to good use. You can see these blocks ALL over blogland, but I was inspired by the ones seen at Imperfectly Beautiful.
I didn’t take before pics, but they are super easy to make. Here is what you need:
1. Scraps of 2×4 board, cut into 3 1/2″ sections.
2. Paint the blocks with desired color.
3. While the paint is drying cut scrapbook paper to desired fit.
4. I used my Cricut to cut out the letters, but you could use a stencil, vinyl letters, ect. (I also used glitter paper & LOVE how it turned out.)
5. Modge Podge the scrapbook paper onto the blocks and then glue on letters.Done! See wasn’t that easy. I really like how my blocks turned out and to think they were leftover scraps. I’ll have pictures up of my other “pumpkin” project tomorrow, come back and see what else you can do with a 2×4″
I’m linking up with Kimba at a Soft Place to Land. Pull up a chair and head over to see all the other great DIY projects. And trust me you are going to be there for a while, there are some fabulous ideas!