You saw my post yesterday on the Halloween Blocks and I mentioned they were leftovers from another “pumpkin” project. My mom picked up some adorable pumpkins made from a fence post last year at a craft show(sorry I don’t have a pic) and I wanted a set for myself. Since hubby isn’t tearing down the fence, well at least not yet, I had to make do with what we had.
I cut the 2×4 into 3 1/2, 5 1/2 & 8″ sections. Painted them with a couple coats of orange and let dry. Once dry I added a tree branch “stem”, tied some green fabric & raffia around the top, and for the final touch slightly sanded the edges of each block. There you have it, your very own Pumpkin Patch!Again another cheap & simple project that can be used throughout the entire fall season. My church group did this as a craft project last night & it was lots of fun and easy for a large group to make.
Just for fun here are my cuties on our recent trip to the Pumpkin Patch.**8/26/10 Check out Thrifty Decor Chick’s Fall Link up party for lot’s of fun Fall Decorating Ideas.**
- Clothespin Pilgrims
- DIY Halloween Crystal Ball Favors
- FANGtastic Halloween Dessert Board
- Pink-o-Ween Halloween Ghoul’s Night Party
- Whimsical Nutcracker Themed Christmas Tree
- Slice Into Summer- 20 Watermelon Party Ideas
- Farmhouse Christmas Decorating Ideas
- 10 Patriotic Signs for 4th of July
- 30 Easter Egg Decorating Ideas
- Fall Pumpkin Scarecrow
- 10 Minute Homemade Jellyfish Costume
- Tin for Ten – A 10th Anniversary Gift