I shared this simple idea for decorating favor bags on A Blissful Nest, but in case you missed it I wanted to share it with you here.
I love glassine bags. They are one of my favorite party trends and I find myself using them often to add a little extra pizzaz. These translucent white bags have a wax coating on the inside making them ideal for serving sweets or other sticky treats.
With just a few extra minutes and supplies you can embellish these versatile bags to coordinate with your party or event.
First you will need to gather some of your favorite craft supplies. I used Washi Tape, ribbon, favor tags and mini clothespins to make this sweet version.
Run a long stripe of your Washi Tape down the front of the bag, leaving enough on each end to wrap around and secure.
Next, I added a pink ribbon that was slightly smaller in width than the tape.
Punch out your favor tag with a decorative punch and use the mini clothespin to adhere it to the ribbon.
Put your sweet treats inside, fold a small piece over to the back of the bag and secure with a piece of tape.
Take your ordinary glassine bags to extraordinary with these simple steps and embellishments!
You may also remember that the cookies I served at our recent picnic date were placed in glassine bags and embellished with a paper doily, cupcake liner and sticker. Another easy peasy way to dress up your treat bags.
The possibilities are endless for embellishing these blank canvases…what’s your favorite way to use glassine bags?
- DIY Patriotic Italian Soda Bar
- DIY Colorful Painted Favor Bags
- DIY Cereal Valentines
- Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt Ideas
- Easy Entertaining with Summer Seafood Boil Party
- School Supply Teacher Appreciation Gift + Free Printables
- How to Plan A Bee-utiful Bee Themed Party
- Pineapple Mojito with Spiced Rum
- Jingle and Mingle Christmas Party
- How to Plan an Outdoor Movie Night
- Easter Bunny Napkins
- Easy New Year’s Eve Party Appetizers