Christmas is just around the corner and we are trying to squeeze in a few last minute holiday traditions. I think that is my favorite thing about this time of year. I love all the family traditions, old and new, that help make the holidays extraordinary! Over the years it’s become a tradition to host a Gingerbread House Decorating party, but this year we decided to switch things up and decorate gingerbread cookies instead. I found this fun idea for Cookie Cutter Ornament Place Cards on Imperial Sugar and thought they would be perfect for our annual party.
I loved the idea of having a place card for each kid that could also double as an ornament and keepsake for them to remember all the fun they had creating yummy cookies and sweet memories.
This is one of those easy projects that you and your kids can do together. Here is what you’ll need to make your own cookie cutter ornament place cards:
- Metal Cookie Cutters
- Colorful Scrapbook Paper or Wrapping Paper
- Decoupage Glue
- Foam Brush
- Bakers Twine or Ribbon
- Trace the outline of your cookie cutter onto the paper. Cut out.
- Write names with marker or paint pen. Let dry.
- Tie a piece of bakers twine around the top of the cookie cutter.
- Brush the edges of the paper and the cookie cutter with decoupage glue. Adhere the paper to the edges. Let dry. Trim as necessary after they are dry.
- Place the cookie cutter ornament place card on the table for each kid.
I thought these would even be fun as gift tags for all the pretty wrapped Christmas presents under the tree. What would you make and use them for?
Make sure you visit the Imperial Sugar Kids In the Kitchen website for more kid-friendly crafts, recipes and ideas to help you make extraordinary memories this holiday season!