When you love to entertain you usually get put in charge of hosting major holidays like Thanksgiving. I have been hosting Thanksgiving at my house, for both sides of our families, for the past several years. I love having our home filled with family, laughter and good food…but I’ll be honest my favorite part of hosting Thanksgiving is decorating the table. I’ve started working on the kids table, and I’m almost certain everyone is going to want a seat at this colorful Thanksgiving table! This table is reserved for just the kids, but they won’t have to worry about finding their seat with these colorful painted feather Thanksgiving place cards.
This DIY is so simple and you will love how easy it is to customize this project with your favorite DecoArt paint colors. This month my friends at DecoArt challenged me to use Americana Premium and Extreme Sheen Metallics for my project, and the result is these colorful painted feather Thanksgiving place cards.
What You Will Need:
- White Card Stock
- Copper Shimmer Paper
- Americana Premium Cobalt Teal
- Americana Premium Magenta
- Americana Premium Titanium White
- DecoArt Extreme Sheen Rose Metallic
- Americana Acrylic Bright Salmon
- Americana Acrylic Spice Pink
- Americana Acrylic Sea Breeze
- Americana Acrylic Soft Jade
- Copper Wire
- Paint Brush
- Copper Vinyl
- Cricut Maker (optional)
I used my Cricut Maker to cut out several different sizes of feathers on the white and copper shimmer paper.
I painted the tip of the copper shimmer feather with one of the bright paints. Set those aside to dry.
Use the paints to create an ombre effect on the white cardstock feather. Ever since I created this hand painted Love Art Canvas I’ve been obsessed with these colors and the ombre technique and look. To achieve the perfect ombre effect on my feathers I used the Americana Premium paints. I love these paints because they are medium-bodied, which means awesome coverage, and they are easy to mix and blend.
Once the paint is dry on your feathers, use your Cricut Maker to cut out the names of each kid in copper vinyl. Attach the vinyl to the painted feathers. If you don’t have a Cricut machine you can use a copper marker to write the names on the feathers.
Gather a couple of sticks, I just collected these outside in my yard, and tie them together with the copper wire.
Add the painted fathers to the wire and secure.
These simple and colorful Boho inspired thanksgiving place cards are going to be the perfect addition to our kids thanksgiving table. I will be back to share tutorials for the colorful wood coasters, ombre “I’m Thankful” journals and the complete colorful kids Thanksgiving table with you soon!
Do you decorate the kids table for Thanksgiving? Make sure you check out some of our other popular kids Thanksgiving table settings for even more inspiration:
- DIY Patriotic Italian Soda Bar
- Family Travel Guide to Eureka Springs
- DIY Colorful Painted Favor Bags
- RainBOO Halloween Carnival Party
- Strawberry Watermelon Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Personalized Mother’s Day Gifts – Monogrammed Jewelry Dish
- 5 Ideas to Host a Fall Backyard Bonfire Party
- Kentucky Derby Party Ideas
- DIY Leather Luggage Tags with Cricut Knife Blade
- Hot Air Balloon Valentine Box
- How to Plan an Outdoor Movie Night
- Mad Scientist Halloween Party