The Michaels Makers challenge this month is all about creative holiday gifts and gift wrapping. And, I’m back with another simple gift idea that would be great for neighbors, teachers or co-workers this holiday season. These delicious and slightly addicting Cinnamon Vanilla Candied Pecans are one of my staples for gifts and entertaining this time of the year.
What I love about this gift is it’s easy to whip up and one recipe (see below) makes several gifts so you can spread lots of cheer! You could even make Homemade Vanilla and give it with these candied pecans for an extra special gift that will keep on giving once these sugary delights are gone.
While your candied pecans are cooking in the Crockpot you can make festive little berry basket to deliver your tasty treats. I’m in love with all of the creative packaging available right now at Michaels. Especially this plaid washi tape, which you may have seen used in my “Your a Deer Friend” Cookies Christmas gift. And these red berry baskets, hello fabulous!
Here are the supplies I used to create the festive gift wrapping for my Cinnamon Vanilla Candied Pecans:
- Recollections Red Berry Baskets
- Recollections Black Paper Doilies
- Recollections Black and Red Washi Tape
- Gold Ribbon
- Recollections Chalkboard Tags
- Christmas Greenery
- Glue Dots
1. Take a black doily and fold it over the front edge of the berry basket. Crease the doily at the top and then secure with glue dots.
2. Next, take the plaid washi tape and line it up on the top edge of the berry basket. Wrap it around the sides and press to secure the tape in place.
3. Tie the gold ribbon around the berry basket.
4. Use a glue dot or hot glue to add a sprig of Christmas Greenery.
5. Fill a cellophane bag with the Cinnamon Vanilla Candied Pecans and tie with twine and the chalkboard tags. Add crinkle paper to the bottom of the basket and place your pecans in the basket.
6. Deliver to friends, teachers or co-workers for the perfect, pretty and tasty holiday treat!
You could fill these festive berry baskets with just about anything, but I promise these candied pecans will be a hit with everyone on your list!
Don’t forget to check out all of the creative gift wrapping supplies at Michaels. And if you still don’t know what to get that special someone on your list make sure you check out the Michaels’ DIY Gift Ideas Pinterest board for lots of ideas and inspiration!
- 3 cups Pecans
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2 TBSP Cinnamon
- 1 Egg White
- 2 TBSP Homemade Vanilla or Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Water
- Pinch of Salt
- In a mixing bowl combine the brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon and combine.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg white and vanilla until frothy.
- Pour the pecans into the egg mixture and coat completely.
- Pour the egg coated pecans into a well greased Crockpot, add in the sugar mixture and stir to combine completely.
- Cook on low for 3 hours, stirring pecans every 30 minutes to keep them coated in the sugar mixture.
- During the last hour add the water
- Remove the pecans from the Crockpot and pour onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, separate them as much as possible so they don’t stick together. Cool completely before serving.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Michaels. All opinions are 100% mine.
- DIY Patriotic Italian Soda Bar
- Family Travel Guide to Eureka Springs
- DIY Colorful Painted Favor Bags
- Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt Ideas
- Teen Tiki Time Birthday Party Ideas
- BOO on the Block Halloween Party Ideas
- How to Plan A Bee-utiful Bee Themed Party
- How to Host a Murder Mystery Dinner Party
- Tackling a Tween Girl’s Bedroom Makeover
- 25 No Carve Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- Strawberry Coco Loco Mocktail Recipe
- 4th of July Flag Balloon Dart Game