My name is Natalie Stern and I own an online party stationery shop called Katarina’s Paperie. I also write a party ideas blog called Confetti Diaries. We design fun and creative ideas that you can use to celebrate any occasion – big or small – as well as share many free printables. Back to school is such a fun time of year. Even though they have to say goodbye to summer, it’s great to see how excited kids get as they anticipate the upcoming school year. These fun gumball rulers and free printable tags make a great back to school craft. They’re perfect to create for a back to school party or even give as a little gift for new friends on the first day of school.
You Will Need:
- 8 yellow gumballs
- 1 candy tube
- A set of small black sticker letters and numbers
- A set of our printable “School Rules” gift tags
- Red Baker’s Twine
1. Load your gumballs into the plastic candy tube.
2. Place each number on the candy tube a little above the bottom of each gumball. Using the “i”, “l” and other straight letters, add the marker lines next to the numbers. If you’re making multiple tubes, I also cut up the capital letters to make the lines. Or you could use a permanent marker.
3. Print out the set of our free printable “School Rules” gift tags. Use a three inch punch or cut out each gift tag. Punch a hole in the top of the tag. Tie onto the tube using red ribbon or baker’s twine.
These gumball tubes are perfect for a back to school craft. You could even make a set for a welcome back treat for your child’s class. It’s a great way to kick off the new school year!
Natalie Stern is a the designer of unique and modern party stationery. She owns an online party designs shop called Katarina’s Paperie. She also shares inspiration and do-it-yourself party ideas on her blog, Confetti Diaries. Natalie also loves to throw amazing events, creating many of the details from sweets to decorations herself. She is mom to two beautiful children who are her inspiration in everything she creates. Check out more of Natalie’s work on Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Check out some of Natalie’s recent projects:
This post was originally published at Confetti Diaries on August 29, 2012.
- DIY Cereal Valentines
- Grandparents’ Day Interview Free Printable
- O-Fish-Ally Summer Drink and Printable Tags
- All-American Baseball Party Ideas
- Free Thanksgiving Bingo Printable
- DIY Back to School Time Capsule
- FREE Football Cell Phone Wallpaper
- Back to School Jitter Juice
- Here’s The Scoop Ice Cream Gift Basket
- End of Year Teacher Gift
- Spicy Chipotle BBQ Sauce – Father’s Day Awesomesauce
- Teacher Appreciation Money Tree