Watermelon is a summer staple at our house, but did you know you can do more than just eat this sweet, juicy fruit? That’s right, I’m going to show you how you can use watermelon as a centerpiece for your backyard BBQs and patriotic parties. This DIY Watermelon Flower Vase is a super easy project that will make a statement at all of your summer parties.
I love creating things that can also serve multiple purposes and that is one of the reason why I love this watermelon flower vase. Not only can you use it to decorate for your parties, but you can use the watermelon to create delicious recipes like our Strawberry Watermelon Salad and Watermelon Lemonade for your parties too!
What you will need:
- Small seedless watermelon
- Ice Cream scoop or large spoon
- Large bowl
- Small container for flowers (I used a Chinet Cut Crystal Steamless Wine Glass)
- Red and white flowers
When picking out your watermelon try to pick one that sits flat and doesn’t rock back and forth. If you need to you can slice off a small part of the bottom to get it to sit flat.
Start by slicing off the top of your watermelon. Take your ice cream scoop and start scooping out the watermelon flesh, put it your bowl and set it aside.
Cut and arrange your flowers in the small container. I used a Chinet Cut Crystal Stemless Wine Glass because it fit perfectly inside my small watermelon. Fill the glass with water and place your flowers in the glass.
Carefully place the container with the flowers inside the watermelon.
That’s all there is too it, I told you it was a super easy way to add a little extra something special to your summer entertaining.
Place the watermelon flower vase on a tray and add some patriotic decor for a festive and fun centerpiece.
In less than 5 minutes you can create a beautiful centerpiece for your summer parties. Check out our Facebook Live video to see just how simple this project really is.
Don’t forget to check out these other ideas for using the leftover watermelon to create some delicious recipes:
- Gingerbread Sleepover Holiday Party
- Gnome for the Holidays Christmas Tree
- Down Home Holiday Hoedown
- Baseball Game Treats
- FREE Fall Cell Phone Wallpaper
- RainBOO Halloween Carnival Party
- 25 Personalized Holiday Gift Ideas to Make with Cricut
- Pink and Purple Princess Party Candy Bar
- Backyard Biergarten Oktoberfest Party Ideas
- DIY Back to School Time Capsule
- FREE Easter Cell Phone Wallpaper
- Back to School Morning Routine Checklist