Bring the beauty of nature indoors this fall with a rustic Twig Vase.
Fall is the perfect time of the year to celebrate and be thankful for the wonders of nature that surround us. I love having fresh flowers in my home and wanted a way to display them throughout the season with a more rustic and natural touch. My son collects sticks everywhere we go, so I decided to put them to use and create something we could enjoy throughout the month.
What You Will Need:
– Empty can
– 20-30 sticks depending on the size of your can
– Brown craft paper
– Hot glue gun and glue sticks
– Rubber band
1. Wash your can and dry. Remove the wrapper and then cover the can with brown craft paper.
2. Break sticks so they are slightly taller than the can. Start hot gluing the sticks around the can. You’ll need to play with the placement of them a little bit to make sure you don’t have large gaps in between the sticks.
3. Place a rubber band around the sticks to secure in place
4. Tie a ribbon around the can, making sure you cover the rubber band.
5. Add flowers and enjoy the beauty of nature. I wanted a full bouquet so I used a small mason jar full of water to arrnage the flowers in and then placed that in the can, but you can put the water directly in the can.
Everything was recycled and other than the cost of the flowers ($5) this was a simple and inexpensive project to make. I even used my Twig Vase as centerpieces for my twin’s Hansel and Gretel birthday party.
- DIY Colorful Painted Favor Bags
- 8 Easy Valentines To Make with Your Cricut
- Sweet As Pie Gift Idea with Free Tags
- Cute DIY Monster Valentine’s Day Card
- DIY Cricut Monster Valentine Candy Cards
- DIY Paper Bag Luminaries
- DIY Cricut Conversation Heart Valentine’s Day Party
- Colorful Herb Box Garden Planter
- DIY Painted Pegboard Jewelry Organizer
- Tackling a Tween Girl’s Bedroom Makeover
- Glam Metallic Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Valentine’s Day Box Idea