I have been on a new quest lately for simple, delicious and healthy recipes. With my sister’s wedding quickly approaching and the thought of being in a swimsuit for 5 days (we are going on a cruise) it is a must that I lose a few pounds. My challenge is my hubby who insist we have “meat” with dinner and “no diet food” so you can imagine my excitement when I ran across this recipe for Chicken Parmesan Subs.
This super easy, quick and healthy recipe came from Eating Well and it’s definitely worth a try! Everyone in my family loved this meal and it was super filling. Ready in less than 30 minutes and served with a side of stemmed carrots this one is a winner!
Here are the basics, but you can click on the link above for the entire recipe. I as usually deviated from the recipe just a tad.
First place the chicken between cling wrap and pound with a mallet until it is thin. Then place in skillet on med-high heat and cook until golden brown.
Meanwhile wash and rinse 1 large bunch of spinach and pat dry. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and saute spinach until wilted.
Lightly toast whole wheat buns. Place chicken on bun, top with marina sauce, spinach and cheese. Broil until cheese is melted. Serve with stemmed carrots and watch the family devour. P.S. Excuse my poor pictures & the neon green plate, but trust me it’s good!
- DIY Paper Bag Luminaries
- Free Thanksgiving Bingo Printable
- Wax Paper Melted Crayon Art
- 5 Ideas to Host a Fall Backyard Bonfire Party
- DIY Octopus Costume
- Hot Salted Caramel Coffee
- Cricut EasyPress 2 vs. Heat Press - Which Is Better?
- Black and White Buffalo Plaid Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Trunk or Treat Decorating Ideas & Tips
- 10th Birthday Tradition and Surprise Birthday Sign
- DIY Leather Luggage Tags with Cricut Knife Blade
- DIY Acrylic Pour Ceramic Coasters
- Fiesta Dinner Party
- No Bake Candy Birthday Cake
- 10 Tips for a Successful Lemonade Stand
- Classic Cowboy Birthday Party