I come from a family of educators so I know that simple and thoughtful tokens of appreciation can brighten a teacher’s day and let’s face it they definitely deserve it for all they do! I wanted to make some small teacher gifts that we could take with us to “Meet the Teacher” but also didn’t want for it to be something that would eventually end up collecting dust.
I decided to recreate this gift idea(which we used as end of the year gifts last year and they were a big hit) with a few of my favorite favor bag supplies.
First, I took my glassine bags and sewed along the edges with red thread to add a little extra detail to the plain bags.
Next, I cut a brown paper sack and created a topper to wrap around the top side of the bag. I used green Washi Tape to add a touch of color and then tied red baker’s twine around that.
I printed out tags that said “I’m going to be one smart COOKIE with you as my teacher” on brown kraft paper and cut out. I added a little button apple to the tag to give it that special “Back to School” vibe. I placed one large chocolate chip cookie in the bag and tied the tag to the top.
Now we have a simple, yet yummy treat to take to our teacher and show her how excited we are about starting the new school year!
I made a few variations using different styles of tape, tags and embellishments.
For another twist on this idea I made a fun treat for my kids lunches the first day of school. I simply printed out “You are one smart COOKIE” on sticker paper and attached it to the middle of the bag. I added a little apple button to the bottom of the bag and closed it with a cute little paper clip.
- DIY Colorful Painted Favor Bags
- 8 Easy Valentines To Make with Your Cricut
- Sweet As Pie Gift Idea with Free Tags
- Cute DIY Monster Valentine’s Day Card
- Wax Paper Melted Crayon Art
- How to Use Cricut Foil Transfer System
- DIY Cricut Valentine’s Day Candy Bar Wrapper
- DIY Back to School Time Capsule
- DIY Leather Luggage Tags with Cricut Knife Blade
- 10 Patriotic Signs for 4th of July
- Teachers Help Small Things Grow: Teacher Appreciation Gift
- 10 Valentine Box Ideas