I recently helped my mom with a citrus dinner party for some of her coworkers and friends. They were having a potluck style dinner and my mom asked me to come up with a few simple desserts. Since I ended up going with a citrus theme for the party I decided to tie the desserts into the theme with these orange sherbet orange cups.
This dessert was simple, but the presentation makes a statement and added a little bit of unexpected whimsy to the party. All you need are some oranges (I used the small Cutie oranges) and orange sherbet to make these tasty little treats.
Carefully run your knife around the edge to loosen the orange sections from the rind. Next, scoop out the orange sections over a bowl.
Place your empty orange bowls in a container and put in the freezer to chill.
When you are ready scoop out the sherbet and fill the inside of the orange bowls.
I had a few sugar flowers leftover from another party and placed them on top of the sherbet to look like orange blossoms. Place mini spoons in the sherbet and server.
We live in Texas and it was still a little warm outside so the sherbet started to melt quickly, as you can see in the picture. I would recommend waiting until you are ready to serve before bringing out this delightful little dessert. Enjoy!
- Gingerbread Sleepover Holiday Party
- Down Home Holiday Hoedown
- FANGtastic Halloween Dessert Board
- 10 Tips for a Successful Lemonade Stand
- Mini Lasagna Roll-up Appetizers for Holiday Entertaining
- Gypsy Fortune Teller Halloween Party
- Murder Mystery Dinner Party
- Easy Homemade Summer Slushies + Free Printable Tags
- CarnEVIL Trunk or Treat
- Easter Bunny Napkins
- Easy New Year’s Eve Party Appetizers
- 4th of July Flag Balloon Dart Game