Are you ready for your kids to head back to school? I have mixed emotions, on one hand I’m ready for our lives to return to a regularly scheduled routine, but on the other hand I have thoroughly enjoyed this summer with my kids. We’ve enjoyed several vacations, outdoor movie nights, family game nights, splashing in the pool, sleepovers and made endless memories, but I think we could all benefit from a more normal routine. 🙂 I know that getting back into the groove of school is going to be a challenge so I decided we better come bearing gifts when we meet our new teachers. I’m hoping our Noteworthy Teacher Gift will help make the transition for both us and our new teachers a smooth one!
I believe that teachers have one of the hardest jobs and I have a soft spot for creating fun gifts to show my children’s teachers just how much we appreciate everything they do! I created this simple teacher gift for my kids to give to their new teachers at “Meet the Teacher” night. This is where our kids will get to meet their new teacher, check out their classroom, take a tour of the school and meet new and old friends before the first day of school. This gift is so easy you can put it together in less than 10 minutes. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Colorful Notepad (mine is from the Target Dollar Spot)
- Pen or Pencil
- Gift Card
- Free Noteworthy Teacher Gift Tag
- Notebook Paper Bags
Now that you have everything you need to make your Noteworthy Teacher Gift all you have to do is put it together.
- Download the free Noteworthy Teacher Gift Tags and print in color on white cardstock or photo paper.
- Use twine to attach the pen or pencil to the notepad.
- We purchased $10 Target gift cards to make our teacher’s gift extra special. Slip the gift card between the pen and the notepad.
- Put the notepad in the notebook paper bag and attach the Noteworthy Teacher Gift Tag with twine.
- Let your child give it to their teacher at meet the teacher or the first day of school.
I also created another version of the Noteworthy Teacher Gift Tags for a more traditional classic school look. Either way these simple teacher gifts are sure to be a hit with your favorite teacher this year!
Make sure you check out some of our other favorite school themed projects:
I originally shared this creative teacher gift on Living Locurto, August 2014.