With the kids back in school, it is starting to feel like fall! And that means decorating for fall!! It is honestly my favorite time of year to decorate for because the pumpkins and colors and scents are just the best.
This year I wanted to do something different with my color schemes and went pastel. The pastel color scheme was actually inspired by my daughter because she wanted a pink pumpkin!
Since I changed the colors, I needed some new decor to go with it. The first thing I did was create a no-sew burlap banner for the mantel, and I couldn’t be more happy with how it turned out!
Some links may contain affiliates
1. Cut the burlap into 5″ long rectangles.
2. Using the marker, write one letter on each burlap rectangle.
3. Fold the burlap rectangle in half and cut a small triangle at the bottom.
4. Repeat for each burlap rectangle.
5. Cut the twine to the length of your mantel.
6. Hang twine to the mantel.
7. Attach each letter of the no-sew burlap banner to the twine using the decorative clips.
8. Add the lace ribbon to the twine in between the words of the banner.
9. Decorate the rest of the mantel!
Since I was going for pastels, I found this adorable pink pumpkin from Michael’s (which started the entire color scheme change this year)!
I also spray painted some hot chocolate jars I saved and added some decorative florals I also found at Michael’s. I decided to spray paint the jars black at the bottom to cover the words that were etched into the jars. I used chalkboard paint in case I wanted to add some words for Halloween or winter decor!
Swapping out the summer candles for fall colors, and adding some touches of fall to our lantern, I feel this mantel is a keeper! I love how easy it is to change up when you are able to hand make your own home decor!!
If you want more easy fall decor ideas, check out how I added flair to some Dollar Store pumpkins!