Today is MTM and since there was no theme I decided ours would be a Fiesta theme to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Here is what we had for lunch today…
Front Row: Cheese Quesadillas, Guacamole, Rice
Back Row: Cantaloupe “Maracas”, Chips, “Sombrero” Cookie
Before our yummy lunch we made Maracas to help celebrate Cinco de Mayo tomorrow. Here is how we did it.
1. Gather your supplies – 2 plastic cups, beans, foil, paper scraps, flower punch/stickers, scissors tape, and glue.
2. Pour the beans into 1 cup.
3. Tape the cups together and cover with foil (you can use anything, we just used some leftover tinfoil because it was on hand.)
4. Embellish. We punched out flowers with our flower punch and used tissue paper scraps to make our maraca festive.
5. Shake, shake, shake!We also started a pinata today, so check back tomorrow for the finished product!