This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScoreMoreFans #CollectiveBias
By now I’m sure you know that I’m a big fan of hosting events and parties. But, did you also know that I’m a big fan of football? I’m the girl yelling at the TV on game day, jumping up and down excitedly from the couch. And even though my favorite team won’t be playing in the big game in February I’m excited about throwing a party with our friends and family. I’ve partnered with Coca-Cola and RITZ® crackers to show you how to host a winning football party, just in time for the big game!
I’m a firm believer in making ordinary moments extraordinary with creative details and extra special touches, but I’m an even bigger fan of making things simple and easy. When hosting parties of any kind I like to designate a specific area to set everything up and decorate, that way I can make a statement with fun decor without having to break my budget.
Another way to save money is to reuse and repurpose things you already have. I used my large chalkboard frame as a backdrop and rounded up metal storage tins and buckets to display the food. Several years ago I made a football field table runner and a PVC pipe field goal, I love breaking them out for football themed parties.
One of the best parts about watching football is the excuse to eat lots of yummy food, my favorite being dip of any kind. I usually have a few go-to dips that I know are guaranteed crowd pleasers, like my Hatch Chile Queso dip and creamy jalapeno corn dip. Want your game day party to be a success? Make this creamy jalapeno corn dip and serve it with the buttery RITZ® crackers for an instant hit.
I almost always have everything to make this recipe on hand so it’s easy to whip up. I like to use the sliced jalapenos in the jar, but you could use fresh ones if you prefer. I’ve been making this recipe for so long I usually just eyeball everything and throw it together, you really can’t mess it up.
Your party guest are going to need something to cool down after all those spicy dips and nothing beats an ice cold glass of Coca-Cola…unless it’s a frosty Coke float. Of course we’re making them extraordinary by adding a few quick and easy details. Friends will love mixing up one of their very own game day Referee Coke Floats. Right now you can take advantage of a special offer at Wal-Mart and buy 2 for $5 on all Coca-Cola 16.9 oz 6 packs.
If the game isn’t going quite how you planned don’t worry you can always snack on one of these sweet and salty treats. Dip RITZ® crackers in semi-sweet melting chocolate and sprinkle on crisp bacon. Trust me, it’s surprisingly delicious and you won’t be able to stop with just one.
In our house we may be just a tad competitive. So when I stumbled on the dry erase betting squares in the party section at Wal-Mart I knew we would have lots of fun on game day placing a few friendly wagers and watching to see who wins.
Whether your team made it to the big game or not you can still plan a winning football party and score big with your friends and family. Remember to keep things simple, use what you have and don’t forget to take it to the house and make the home team cheer with yummy snacks and sips.
How will you celebrate the big game? Check out more creative football party ideas and snacks here.
- 2 packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 can sweet golden corn
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper slices (use less if you don’t like it spicy)
- 2 TBSP black olives
- 1 packet of ranch dressing mix
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 pieces of bacon crumbled
- Finely dice the roasted red peppers, jalapenos and black olives and put them in a bowl.
- Add the corn and ranch dressing mix and stir to combine everything.
- Next, add the cream cheese and thoroughly mix the ingredients making sure it is smooth and creamy.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese and mix.
- Finally, add the bacon crumbles on top and serve with crackers or chips.
- DIY Patriotic Italian Soda Bar
- Family Travel Guide to Eureka Springs
- DIY Colorful Painted Favor Bags
- Ruffled Burlap Garland Tutorial – Michaels Dream Tree Challenge
- Strawberry Watermelon Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Personalized Mother’s Day Gifts – Monogrammed Jewelry Dish
- How to Plan the Perfect Fall Picnic Date
- 5 Tips for Hosting a Kid-Friendly Pumpkin Carving Party
- Here’s The Scoop Ice Cream Gift Basket
- DIY Graduation Cap Balloon Gift
- DIY Rock Star Halloween Costume
- Valentine’s Day Box Idea