This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Kenmore. All opinions are 100% mine.
Hot Chocolate has long been the quintessential drink of wintertime, offering warmth and comfort in it’s steaming mug of chocolaty goodness. But when you live in Texas winter usually doesn’t mean freezing temperatures and powdery white snow drifts, especially this year. So when it’s too hot out for hot cocoa you chill out and sip Frozen Hot Chocolate instead!
So far we are having a very warm winter, my kids went to school in shorts today! In fact these summer like temperatures are making it a little hard to get in the Christmas spirit, so today we decided to enjoy our hot cocoa in a slightly different way and whipped up a batch of Frozen Hot Chocolate to enjoy with our Christmas movie night.
Made famous by the restaurant Serendipity in New York these chocolate beverages are so delicious. But then again, how can you go wrong with chocolate and whipped cream?!? I broke out my blender on this warm winter day and combined all the chocolatey goodness to make a refreshing beverage that would keep us from melting in this heat. While I had my blender out I realized that this gadget would be the perfect gift for the foodies on my list. What better way to surprise your favorite chef than with affordable countertop appliances that will elevate their cooking and take recipes, like our Frozen Hot Chocolate, to elite status. Having the right appliances make all the difference in the kitchen, which is why I love the Kenmore Elite line. And let’s face it your appliances should look as good on your countertop as they delicious recipes your creating so Whether it’s a new Kenmore Elite 1.3HP Blender with single serve cup or a 6 qt. Bowl Lift Stand Mixer, Kenmore has the best small appliances to help you master the kitchen like a pro.
While I had my blender out making this delicious Frozen Hot Chocolate I got to thinking about all the fun new kitchen gadgets and pretty things I would love to find wrapped and under my tree this year. So, I put together a Kitchen Essentials Holiday Gift Guide to help you discover the must have kitchen appliances, and even a few of those pretty things that will make the kitchen sparkle!
1. Kenmore Elite 1.3 HP Blender with Single Serve Cup 2. Tahitian Vanilla Maple Syrup 3. Gold Flatware 4. Gold Rimmed Condiment Bowls 5. 9″ Bonnie Blue Cake Stand 6. Donna Hay The New Easy and Jamie’s Comfort Food cookbooks 7. Kenmore Elite Countertop Convection Oven 8. Copper Mugs 9. Kenmore Elite 6 qt Bowl Lift Stand Mixer 10. Latte Bowls
Which one of these would you love to find on Christmas morning? Whichever one it is, you can enjoy it while sipping on a refreshing mug of frozen hot chocolate, the next best thing to the quintessential winter drink!
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup chocolate milk
- 4 packages of hot chocolate mix
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate sauce
- 3 cups of ice
- Whipped Topping
- Chocolate Sauce
- Peppermint Candy(optional)
- In a blender blend the milk, chocolate milk, vanilla, packages of hot chocolate, tablespoon of chocolate sauce and ice until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a frosty mug, garnish with whipped topping, chocolate sauce and peppermint candy.
- Serve with a straw and enjoy!