I recently hosted a craft night and guest could make one of three projects, including my easy Easter Bunny Canvas. This is a fun project that can be customized to suit your personal style and taste. I’m not really a pastel kind of gal. I like using bright colors, like I did for our Easter Brunch and Egg Hunt. I wanted my Easter Bunny Canvas to be a bold statement and the bright colors just make me happy.
I painted my canvas a bright aqua and used colorful patterned paper from the new Amy Tangerine collection. I used my Cricut Explore to create my bunny silhouette, which made this project even easier. In less than 30 minutes I made cheerful new spring decor to display, just in time for Easter and you can too!
- 11 x 17 white artist canvas
- spray paint or craft paint
- vinyl or white cardstock
- white yarn
- mini pink pom pom
- patterned paper
- Cricut Explore
- Paint your canvas. Let it dry for 1-2 hours (or less depending on the type of paint you use)
- While your canvas is drying cut our your Easter Bunny silhouette. You can use a cutting machine like the Cricut Explore or you can print the template and cut it out of white card stock.
- Make the pom pom tail for your bunny with the yarn.
- Once your canvas is dry center the Easter Bunny silhouette and adhere to the canvas.
- Hot glue the pom pom tail and mini pink pom pom nose.
- Make a small bunting from the patterned scrapbook paper and add it to the corner of your canvas (I used a small dab of hot glue on each corner to adhere it)
This is another easy and fun Easter project you can make this spring! Do you prefer pastels or bright colors for Easter?