Gold is a hot trend right now! I’ll admit I was slow to embrace it, but the more I use it in decorating, crafts and my own personal fashion (what little I have) it has grown on me. This month I’ve teamed up with some of my crafty friends to share 10 fabulous gold inspired projects, including my gold DIY Shamrock Coasters.
St. Patrick’s Day isn’t a holiday I do a lot of decorating or hosting parties for, but it’s always fun to have a little festive touch around to celebrate. Since St. Patrick’s Day has really become a holiday centered around drinking I thought it would be very fitting to make lucky shamrock coasters to set your drinks on.
This project is incredibly easy, but it did require a little bit of time. Here is what you’ll need to make your own Shamrock Coasters:
- Corkboard material (I bought the roll of cork from Hobby Lobby)
- Gold Sequin Ribbon Trim – 2 yards per shamrock
- Hot Glue or E6000
Cut out a shamrock template from cardstock and then trace it on your cork. Carefully cut out the shamrock.
Next, run a thin line of glue around the edge of the shamrock and carefully start placing your trim on the cork. Continue to work your way around the entire shamrock and repeat until it is completely filled in. You may need to fill in a few holes with individual sequins and trim the edges of the sequins off the stem of the shamrock so it maintains it’s shape.
That’s it. Now you have a glittery gold shamrock coaster to keep your beverages looking festive this St. Patrick’s Day.
My husband thought gold shamrocks were silly so I made a few green ones too.
Now, make sure you hop on over and visit all of the other gold inspired projects from my friends. Click on each image to view the project.
I’d love to hear what you think of the gold trend, love it or hate it?
- DIY Patriotic Italian Soda Bar
- Daisies & Daffodils Garden Party Ideas
- DIY Colorful Painted Favor Bags
- Rock Candy Rainbow Donuts
- Notebook Paper Bags – School Treat
- BOO on the Block Halloween Party Ideas
- Summer Fruit-Themed Birthday Party
- School Supply Teacher Appreciation Gift + Free Printables
- FREE Holiday Cell Phone Wallpaper Background
- DIY New Years Eve Ball Drop
- Fall Pumpkin Scarecrow
- DIY Mother’s Day Gift Basket