Hello Giggles Galore readers! It’s Shari, Tami, and Patti from Sincerely Jean! Today we are so excited to bring you a fun and easy fall craft, DIY Rustic Mason Jars! Can you believe that it is officially fall?! It seems like this year has just flown by. It’s time for sweaters, football, and pumpkin flavored everything! It’s also time to start decorating for the new season. These rustic mason jars will be the perfect little addition to your fall decor! Mason jars are so easy to work with and add that vintage touch. This project won’t take you very long at all and only requires a few supplies.
- 4 mason jars (we got ours at a thrift store for $0.25 each)
- White and brown acrylic paint (for the white you could also use our DIY chalk paint recipe found HERE)
- Foam paint brush
- Wheat (we got ours at Hobby Lobby for cheap)
1. Paint the front the the jars brown and let them dry completely.
2. Place the vinyl letters over the brown paint. We used a Silhouette machine to cut the letters and used Times New Roman font. If you do not have a cutting machine, you can always buy vinyl letters from any craft store.
3. Paint the entire outside of the jars white using the the acrylic or chalk paint (DIY chalk paint recipe found HERE) and let them dry completely.
4. Use sandpaper to sand evenly around the entire jar. This is what gives the jars that rustic look.
5. Tie the twine around the top of the jar with a knot.
6. Place the wheat inside. We used 13-15 stalks per jar.