Hello Giggles Galore readers! It’s Shari here from SincerelyJean.com. Today I am bringing you a fun and easy craft for Mother’s Day. We all know that moms LOVE homemade gifts. It means so much when you receive something that took time, effort, and love. Today I am bringing you a tutorial on how to make a DIY Picture Frame Collage Chalkboard.
My mom is the best mother and grandmother and I wanted to surprise her with a picture collage of her two grandchildren. I have also been loving DIY chalkboards lately so I decided to put the two ideas together. I can’t wait to give it to her on Mother’s Day!
- Picture frame with flat frame (I got mine at a thrift store for $1)
- Mod Podge
- Pictures (I printed mine out on photo paper on my home printer)
- Chalkboard paint
- Chalk marker
1. Use painters tape to cover the glass and paint the frame black and let it dry completely. I used 2 coats.
2. Use painters tape to cover the frame and paint the glass with chalkboard paint. I used 3 coats.
3. Time to position your pictures. This is what takes the longest time. I measured my frame and divided it by the number of photos I had. I then mixed the sizes to make everything fit. I resized my photos using a free online photo editing website called PicMonkey. I then printed them out on photo paper and cut them out. I used Mod Podge to glue the pictures to the frame. I let them dry completely and then put Mod Podge over the top to secure everything.
4. I used my Silhouette Cameo to create the quote. For those of you who have a Silhouette, I used the Yellow Daisy font. For those of you who don’t, I have created a PDF file HERE that you can trace. I used a chalk marker to trace and let it dry completely.
I hope that you have fun making this picture frame collage chalkboard! It is perfect for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day! If you liked this post, I think you will also enjoy our DIY Decorative Orb and DIY Floral Chalkboard posts!
- DIY Patriotic Italian Soda Bar
- DIY Colorful Painted Favor Bags
- 8 Easy Valentines To Make with Your Cricut
- Retro 70’s Groovy Teen Birthday Party
- Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- Daddy Daughter Sock Hop Valentine’s Day Party
- BOO on the Block Halloween Party Ideas
- How to Paint Woven Baskets with Acrylic Paint
- 15 Handmade Valentine Box Ideas for School
- Soccer Snack Bags
- DIY Fishing Pole
- Popsicle Stick Flag Craft