I am so excited about this weekend I can hardly stand it. We have lots of plans for Memorial Day weekend, and I’m looking forward to spending lots of quality time with our friends and family. But, what I’m most excited about is the unofficial start of summer and my favorite season for entertaining! There will be backyard BBQs, pool parties, lots of porch sitting, and of course plenty of refreshing beverages. So I whipped up this sweet and simple DIY Patriotic Serving Tray for all of our patriotic summer celebrations.
Whether you are hanging out in the backyard grilling burgers or you are lounging in the shade on the front porch; this patriotic serving tray is perfect for transporting and serving your favorite summer drinks. Lately I’ve been spending lots of time out on our front porch enjoying the cool breeze and watching my kids play. I wanted a quick and easy way to carry more than one drink outside at a time and this little tray is the perfect solution.
What You Will Need:
- DIY Scalloped Edge Tray
- Red, White and Blue American Decor Paint
- Washi Tape
- Paint Brushes
- White Vinyl or Star Stickers
- Acrylic Sealer
Use the washi tape to create your stripes in the bottom of the tray. Continue to tape along the inside edges of the tray as well.
Paint the outside scalloped edges of your tray blue and let the paint dry.
Begin painting your stripes in the inside of your tray. I decided to paint a large red stripe in the middle with two smaller white stripes on the edges. In between the white and red stripes I painted silver stripes.
Once the paint is dry remove the washi tape and touch up any areas that need it.
I used my Cricut to cut out small stars in white vinyl. You could also use white stickers if you don’t have a cutting machine. I added them to each of the scalloped edges on the outside of the tray.
Add a protective coat of clear acrylic sealer. This will ensure that condensation from your favorite drinks don’t ruin your freshly painted and pretty new tray.
I can’t wait to use this fun little tray this weekend to kick off the unofficial start of the summer season. I imagine this little patriotic serving tray is going to see lots of use this summer!
What are you looking forward to the most this summer? Do you have any big parties or celebrations coming up?
- DIY Paper Bag Luminaries
- Free Thanksgiving Bingo Printable
- Wax Paper Melted Crayon Art
- 5 Ideas to Host a Fall Backyard Bonfire Party
- DIY Octopus Costume
- Hot Salted Caramel Coffee
- Cricut EasyPress 2 vs. Heat Press - Which Is Better?
- Black and White Buffalo Plaid Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Trunk or Treat Decorating Ideas & Tips
- 10th Birthday Tradition and Surprise Birthday Sign
- DIY Leather Luggage Tags with Cricut Knife Blade
- DIY Acrylic Pour Ceramic Coasters
- Fiesta Dinner Party
- No Bake Candy Birthday Cake
- 10 Tips for a Successful Lemonade Stand
- Classic Cowboy Birthday Party