Summer is almost here. The end of school countdown is on and the kids are begging for daily trips to the pool. I’m looking forward to a more relaxed schedule and hot summer days spent lounging by the pool. The only thing that will make those pool days better is a good book and a refreshing Pineapple Mojito with spiced rum.
Ideal for pool lounging, summer barbecues, or simply to relax at the end of a hard week, this cocktail totally hits the spot. It’s sweet, light and refreshing. You can make a big batch or simply whip one up for yourself, either way you’ll feel like your on a tropical beach vacation while you’re sipping on this Pineapple Mojito.
I made a trip to the new Total Wine store to see what’s hot for summer sips and found so many great ideas. One of those being these super fun pineapple mason jar cups. Don’t you just love them! Pineapples are still a big trend this summer season and I’m loving all of the fun pineapple accessories out there, I’ve started quite the collection. I thought these pineapple glasses would be perfect for our poolside summer sips.
Inspired by the hot pink pineapple cup I cruised the rum aisle at Total Wine and found a spiced rum that was not only recommended but matched my cups too! Now, all that’s left is the perfect cocktail recipe.
Start by filling a glass with fresh mint and limes. Use a muddler or spoon to mash them together in the glass.
Next add your pineapple juice. Fill the glass 3/4 full of ice and pour the spiced rum over it. Top it off with club soda and garnish with caramelized pineapple and mint leaves.
To make it extra special pour it into your pretty pineapple cup!
Grab a towel, a good book, your Pineapple Mojito and head to the pool for a tropical inspired day of relaxation in the sun.
Looking for more creative drink recipes or ideas for your summertime fun? Check out Total Wine for their top picks, recommendations, and inspiration for everything you’ll need to celebrate this summer!
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- small bunch mint leaves
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 lime sliced
- crushed ice
- 3½ fl oz) spiced rum
- ½ cup club soda
- Caramelized Pineapple:
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 slices fresh or tinned pineapple
- 2 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- Mint sprigs
- Make the caramelized pineapple: Heat the butter in a frying pan until starting to foam. Dust the pineapple slices in the brown sugar and place in the frying pan. Fry, turning once, until both sides are golden and caramelized (about 3-4 minutes). Put to the side.
- Place 6 mint leaves in each glass (this recipe is for two glasses). Add the lime juice and lime slices to the glasses.
- Pour in the pineapple juice and muddle everything together with a spoon.
- Fill the glasses up two-thirds of the way with crushed ice, then pour over the spiced rum. Top with the club soda and mix again. Add more ice to fill up to the top if necessary.
- Garnish the glasses with a small sprig of mint and a slice of caramelized pineapple.
Need more inspiration? Check out these popular drink recipes:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Total Wine & More. The opinions and text are all mine.