My parents were always looking for fun and educational adventures to take us on and one year that lead us on an adventure to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. We saw dazzling floats, picked up beads from the street and ate the best food. Maybe that’s why I am so nostalgic about Mardi Gras, that is of course, the kid-friendly version. To celebrate my kids and I made DIY Mardi Gras Masks. Make some Jambalaya and grab a King Cake or some cupcakes from the store and have a family friendly dinner celebration and Laissez les bons temps rouler!
- Masks (I found mine at the Dollar Store)
- Jewel Embellishments
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Paper Straws
- Add a dab of hot glue to the top center of your mask, carefully place the ends of the feathers in the glue.
- We used Flora Craft’s Diamond Wrap Mesh in silver to add a little bit of sparkle to our masks. If you are making these with kids assist them with the glue gun.
- Add any additional embellishments you want to jazz up your Mardi Gras masks.
- Turn your mask over and hot glue the paper straw to the mask.
- Let your kids parade around with their new DIY Mardi Gras Masks.
To me life is all about celebrating the little things and while we won’t be down in New Orleans getting crazy and catching beads, we can still have an extraordinary family friendly celebration right here at home!