Hello sistas, and thank you for reading this guest post by SincerelyJean.com. We are three sisters who are all about a happy lifestyle and sisterhood! For today’s post we wanted to start off by telling you that our mom always makes deviled eggs – all the time. For as long as we can remember, she has made them for parties and brought them to events and EVERYONE thinks they are so delicious and amazing. So, when we finally found out how simple her recipe was, we couldn’t believe it and decided to kick it up a notch with our own Deep Fried Deviled Eggs for Easter!
By the way, did you know that Easter comes early this year?! It is on March 27! It is time to get into gear for Easter!
We knew that we wanted to make our mom’s deviled eggs this year for Easter, but we decided to kick it up a notch. Why not have deep fried deviled eggs? Yes, we said deep fried deviled eggs 😉 If you can deep fry a twinkie, you can deep fry a deviled egg………And believe us, they are so yummy, you have got to try them!
The best part is, you will only need 5 ingredients and a deep fryer! These are seriously so delicious and we guarantee everyone is going to love them.
12 tbsp Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
Vegetable Oil for frying
1 cup Bread Crumbs
1 cup Flour
- Boil 12 eggs in pan of water. Bring to boil. Remove heat and cover for 12 minutes.
- Drain and run cold water over the eggs
- Peel eggs and cut in half, lengthwise
- Place hard egg yolk in a mixing bowl
- Mix hard egg yolk with mayo/miracle whip. You can add food coloring if desired
- Add oil to deep fryer and heat to 350 degrees
- Put breadcrumbs, 3 beaten eggs, and flour in three separate bowls
- Dip the halved hard-boiled egg whites in the flour, then the eggs, then the breadcrumbs
- Deep fry: I deep fried mine for about 25 seconds
- Add yolk/mayo mix to fill the eggs. I placed the mix into ziplock bags and cut a tiny hole at one bottom edge
- Serve warm
Note: You can definitely substitute mayo for miracle whip. Half of our family are mayo lovers and half are miracle whip lovers 😉
Come visit us at SincerelyJean.com to see many more great ideas! Check out some of our most popular posts: Our Peanut Butter Brownie Truffles and our Peanut Butter Oreo Pie will have your mouth watering! If you are a DIY’er then you will love our Tufted Headboard and our Coffee Table Makeover.