This time of year is all about giving. We love to bake goodies for our neighbors and friends and I especially love to put them in pretty packages. Chocolate Peppermint Candy is a decadent Christmas treat that everyone will love! And it’s easy too, so you won’t spend all your time in the kitchen baking instead of enjoying time with family and friends.
- 2 cups (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 oz. white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 tsp. peppermint extract
- 3 drops red food coloring
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with 1 cup of milk. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Spread half into a waxed paper-lined 8 in. square pan; chill for 10 minutes or until firm
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan over low heat, cook and stir candy coating with remaining milk until coating is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring.
- Spread over bottom layer of chocolate; chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Warm remaining chocolate mixture if necessary; spread over peppermint layer.
- Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan; cut into 1-in. squares
Once you’ve whipped up a batch of these tasty treats you’ll need something to deliver them in. I love recycling and reusing items in creative new ways. Next time you buy a dozen eggs save your egg carton and use it to package Christmas treats. Here’s what you’ll need to put together a pretty package for your holiday treats.
Polka Dot Wax Paper or Tissue Paper
Holiday Floral Picks
1. Cut 2 inch squares from your wax paper or tissue paper. Place them inside each space in the egg carton.
2. Fill each square with the Chocolate Peppermint Candy.
3. Close the container and wrap with ribbon to secure it closed.
4. Add a holiday pick and gift tag
5. Spread some holiday cheer and deliver to neighbors and friends.
I just love this treat and package for holiday gifts! Tis the season for giving and sweet treats!
What is your favorite way to package Christmas treats?
- Gingerbread Sleepover Holiday Party
- Gnome for the Holidays Christmas Tree
- Down Home Holiday Hoedown
- Mini Lasagna Roll-up Appetizers for Holiday Entertaining
- 25 Personalized Holiday Gift Ideas to Make with Cricut
- Rustic and Cozy Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Orange Fruit Cups
- Jingle and Mingle Christmas Party
- Easy New Year’s Eve Party Appetizers
- Hot Cocoa Stand – Share the Joy
- Easter Bunny Cups and Bunny Bait
- Leftover Turkey Sandwiches with Chipotle Cranberry Sauce