This Halloween turn mini donuts into a magical treat with these DIY Broomstick Party Skewers. We all know that every good witch needs a trusty broomstick and with a project this simple she’ll have plenty to choose from!
I originally created and shared this project in 2013, and these broomsticks have been making an appearance at all of our Halloween celebrations since. A lot has changed in 10 years, my kids have grown up into opinionated teenagers and our Halloween parties have evolved from cute to scary. But, one thing that hasn’t changed is the fact that these broomstick party skewers are always a hit!
As you can see in the photos even my style and photography have changed over the years. That’s what I love about this fun Halloween DIY, it can be customized to fit any theme, color, or style of party and instantly elevates a simple treat into something extraordinary.
I originally debut this Halloween craft on a witch-themed TV segment I did for The Broadcast. And most recently showed readers how to create them on Instagram Live. They are incredibly easy to make, yet it’s that little extra detail that will take your party from ordinary to extraordinary!
If you need a quick and easy treat for Halloween these broomstick party skewers are the perfect way to serve up some magical treats. Serve them with mini donuts, or fresh fruit, or turn them into a sophisticated charcuterie.
- 1 bunch raffia
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- 12 wooden bamboo skewers
- Embroidery floss
- Mini Donuts
- Gather a small bunch of raffia, about 10-15 strands
- Trim raffia about 6″ wide
- Loosely tie a piece of raffia around the middle of the strands to hold it in place (optional)
- Fold in half and apply a dab of hot glue to the left of the seam
- Place the blunt end of the skewer into glue, extending about 1″ past the seam
- Fold the right half of the raffia over the skewer and hold the ends securely
- Tightly wrap embroidery floss around broom bristles (about 1/2" down from end) and secure with a knot
- Trim the ends of your broom until you get the look you want
- Slide mini donuts onto the skewer
You can use these bewitching broomsticks for any type of Halloween treat. Pair them with our mini Bubbling Brownie Bites for a fun Halloween treat.
- Bubbling Key Lime Mousse Cauldrons
- O-Fish-Ally Summer Drink and Printable Tags
- National Donut Day Tags
- Bunny Gift Card Holders
- Kids’ Thanksgiving Table Ideas
- How to Host Backyard Oktoberfest Party
- 6 Tips for a Fiesta Themed Graduation Party
- DIY Melting Ice Cream Cone Headband
- DIY Motivational Water Bottle
- DIY Rock Star Halloween Costume
- Classic Cowboy Birthday Party
- Tattle Monster