This Halloween turn mini donuts into a magical treat with these DIY Broomstick Party Skewers. We all know that every good witch needs a trusty broomstick and with a project this simple she’ll have plenty to choose from!
I loved how Paula at Frog Prince Paperie cleverly displayed “donut broomsticks” at her Bewitching Halloween Party and decided to whip up a few of these for my recent witch themed TV segment on The Broadcast. They are incredibly easy to make, yet it’s that little extra detail that will take your party from ordinary to extraordinary!
Here is what you’ll need to make your broomstick party skewers:
- 1 bunch raffia
- hot glue gun and sticks
- 12 wooden bamboo skewers
- embroidery floss
Make a few cuts, dab some glue and wrap them up, it’s really as simple as that, but here is the step-by-step how to:
- gather small bunch of raffia, about 10-15 strands
- trim raffia about 6″ wide
- Loosley tie a piece raffia around the middle of the strands to hold in place (optional)
- fold in half and apply a dab of hot glue to the left of the seam
- place blunt end of skewer into glue, extending about 1″ past the seam
- fold right half of the raffia over the skewer and hold ends securely
- tightly wrap embroidery floss around broom bristles (about 1/2″ down from end) and secure with a knot
- trim the ends of your broom until you get the look you want
- slide donuts onto the skewer
You can use these bewitching broomsticks for any type of Halloween treat. Wouldn’t these be fun for brownie bites, fruit kabobs or even antipasti appetizers?