Your summer is about to get a whole lot sweeter with this refreshing Watermelon Lemonade recipe. Nothing beats a glass of fresh squeezed lemonade on a hot summer day, but when you add sweet watermelon it’s like all your summer dreams come true. Classic lemonade meets sweet and refreshing in this Watermelon Lemonade Recipe. It’s the perfect summertime drink, great for backyard BBQs or those hot, lazy summer days.
My kids love watermelon and it’s pretty much a summer staple at our house. I almost always have some cut up and in the fridge for the kids to snack on, and recently I had a lot of watermelon leftover after making a DIY Watermelon Vase for our Memorial Day BBQ. Since we already had some cut up I decided to turn it into a fresh and tangy drink to quench our thirst on these hot Texas summer days. It is absolutely the most refreshing drink and perfect for sipping on the front porch while I watch the kids play.
Even my kids loved it and they even suggested we make it so they can sell it at their lemonade stand. What do you think, would you buy a cup of watermelon lemonade from a bunch of cute kids at their lemonade stand?!
If you’ve never made your own fresh squeezed lemonade it’s really simple and adding the watermelon is just one more simple step. All you do is puree watermelon in the blender, add fresh squeezed lemon juice and blend until nice and smooth. Add it to a large pitcher with some sugar, cold water and a few fresh mint sprigs and stir.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 cups water
- 5 cups fresh watermelon juice
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- Blend 5 cups of fresh watermelon in the blender until smooth.
- Add 1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice and blend until completely smooth.
- Add the liquid mixture to a pitcher and add the sugar, water and sprigs of fresh mint. Stir well.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
That’s it, in less than 5 minutes you have a sweet, refreshing drink that’s perfect for summer BBQs or lazy summer days.
Interested in other delicious drinks? Check out these favorites:
- Rock Candy Rainbow Donuts
- You’re the Cherry Best Pie Party
- 8 Easy Valentines To Make with Your Cricut
- Murder Mystery Dinner Party
- Mother’s Day Farmhouse Brunch Gift Basket
- Easy Entertaining with Summer Seafood Boil Party
- How to Host a Pop Into Summer Popsicle Party
- Cute and Simple Donut Themed Party
- Slice Into Summer- 20 Watermelon Party Ideas
- 20 Summer Crafts for Boys
- Lottery Ticket Cake Teacher Appreciation Gift
- Jingle and Mingle Christmas Party