By now you may have noticed from my Pink Flamingo Party Cups and Pineapple Flamingo Banner that I’m in the process of planning a tropical themed birthday party. You can’t have a party without a signature drink so this year I’ll be serving a refreshing kid-friendly Raspberry Lemonade Mojito.
Every year my birthday somehow manages to come and go unnoticed with the hustle and bustle of kids starting school. This year I decided I would take matters into my own hands and plan my own birthday celebration. Why? Because I love to entertain, I love having friends and family over and my own birthday seems like a pretty darn good reason to celebrate! And, I’ve also been dying to have a flamingo themed party so it seemed like the perfect excuse to finally have one.
When I entertain I love having a signature drink that guest can enjoy and that embodies the party theme. To me it’s just one of those little details that make an ordinary get together seem extraordinary! Since our party will be pool side I wanted a refreshing drink that everyone can enjoy, and this raspberry lemonade mojito mocktail is a winner.
A mojito is a light, refreshing and fruity drink that is perfect for sipping pool side. In this drink pink lemonade gets a fancy makeover with raspberries, fresh mint, lime and simple syrup. It’s easy to make a large batch of this and you can even add a little rum if you want a more grown up version of this light and refreshing drink.
I used my favorite sparkling pink lemonade and poured it over ice in my new pink flamingo party cups.
Add fresh raspberries and mint for a burst of fresh fruity flavor, a true treat for your taste buds.
Set up a bar cart or designated drink station and let guest make their own refreshing beverages. Just make sure you make it pretty with a festive pineapple and flamingo banner, pretty paper straws and napkins and of course the cutest party cups in town!
Do you have a favorite go-to signature drink you like to serve when entertaining during the summer?
- 3-4 fresh raspberries, plus more for garnish
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp. simple syrup (see directions below for how to make a simple syrup)
- ½ cup sparkling pink lemonade
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice (approx. ½ medium-large lime)
- First make a simple syrup, combine 1 cup granulated sugar with 1 cup water (or just equal parts, if making more or less) in a medium sauce pan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until it begins to boil and sugar is completely dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Fill a tall glass with ice
- Pour the sparkling pink lemonade over the ice
- Add 2 tbsp. simple syrup
- In a shaker muddle the mint leaves, without breaking them until they become fragrant
- Garnish with raspberries and lime slices.