Several years ago I hosted a Citrus Dinner Party for my mom and a group of her teacher friends. One of the most popular details of that party were these Orange Sherbet Orange Cups. Everyone seemed to love that I used the actual oranges to serve the sherbet, so I decided to do the same thing for our Orange You Glad It’s Summer party. But, instead of sherbet I made these healthy Orange Fruit Cups.
I am a big fan of turning the ordinary into extraordinary, it’s the little details that make a celebration memorable. But, that doesn’t mean that you have to go out of your way, spend hours slaving over decorations or recipes to make something memorable. These orange fruit cups are just one of those examples of taking something simple and turning it into a show stopper. The kids loved these fruit cups at our Orange You Glad It’s Summer party and I think they disappeared even faster than the popsicles!
What You Will Need:
- Large Oranges
- Fresh Fruit (strawberries, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, apples, ect.)
Slice a small part of the skin off the bottom of the orange so that it will sit flat on your serving tray. Be careful to not actually cut through the orange or it will be a big mess when you fill it with fruit.
Run a sharp knife along the inside edge of the orange to loosen the fruit, the white part between the fruit and the skin is ideal.
Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh of the fruit. Again, be careful that you don’t actually poke through the skin of the orange.
Slice a variety of fresh fruit and mix the fruit together.
Scoop the fruit into the hollowed out orange cups. Add a sprig of mint, serve and enjoy!
Such a simple and easy way to make a healthy snack option more fun for your summer celebrations, wouldn’t you agree?! For more citrus inspired recipes and ideas be sure to check out these popular posts:
- Gingerbread Sleepover Holiday Party
- Gnome for the Holidays Christmas Tree
- Down Home Holiday Hoedown
- Dungeon Donuts Trunk or Treat
- RainBOO Halloween Carnival Party
- Teen Tiki Time Birthday Party Ideas
- Daisies & Daffodils Garden Party Ideas
- Halloween Monster Freak Shakes
- DIY Back to School Time Capsule
- 15 Handmade Valentine Box Ideas for School
- 5 Tips for Hosting a Kid-Friendly Pumpkin Carving Party
- Cute and Simple Donut Themed Party